Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

cross platform usage - premium account not recognised

cross platform usage - premium account not recognised

Hello,

I purchased a premium account on my Mac. Every now and then I have to use my PC for other pieces of work. If I use spotify on my PC I still get adverts even though I'm logged in with the same account I purchased my subscription through. Is there any way to sort this out? As far as I understood it my subscription should be connected to my account and not the single machine.

Thanks

4 Replies

Yes it should be based on the account. If you log out of the PC app and back in does that fix it?

I know you said you use the same account on both - but you're not logged in with your facebook details on one and an old non-facebook account on the other are you?

D
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

hi there,

thanks for responding.

I've logged out of everything and logged back in in every combination possible and yet nothing seems to fix it. Are there some actual people that I can get in contact with about this does anybody know?

Has no one else ever encountered another user having this problem on this forum?

thank you

e

Did you lose your playlists too? If you don't have any playlists, make one with your Mac and see if it appears on your PC.

It looks like Spotify thinks you're a new user, which is a Facebook login problem. There's a sticky thread about this.

Eshea - I can't see a Premium subscription linked to your 'crab_people' account. What username are you using to get to your Premium? Looks like you could have a couple of accounts here.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Suggested posts