Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[desktop]Another Solution to the spotify/last.fm not scrobble issue

[desktop]Another Solution to the spotify/last.fm not scrobble issue

there is a thread about how to fix spotify not scrobbling on last.fm where it might scrobble one or two songs every once a while but not work at all.

The one solution is to connect and reconnect spotify on the last fm website in settings-connections.

That works for most but not for all, i found after using the above solution it stil had a problem scrobbling all my songs and only showed one or two. 

Heres another solution (and btw this is for the desktop version)

go into spotify on windows

then hit edit----prefrences

and scroll down to

where you see "last fm account"

and enter your account name and password ansd hit connect

and voila you now have  last fm connected (should work)

sidenote: you must have spotify connected in last.fm first before you do the above (sidenote: this above solution may be able to be done in ios android devices)

if it still isnt working please contact last.fm and they may help you more...

hope this helps... its seems like the other solution solved many issues but it didnt for me as much..

Thanks in Advance

3 Replies

The Last.fm option has been removed from spotify desktop since May 2018. This option is not longer there on the computer.

The last.fm log-in option on Spotify on both iOs and my computer is no longer available. My music is no longer tracked... Is this a premanent change which means we wont be able to track our music from Spotify?

I was having problems scrobbling too - sometimes the Last.fm servers have latency issues and it make take time to reflect your listening history in real time, for me it took an hour for it to catch up to my spotify history. However on the Last fm site in settings you must allow access to connect to spotify and scrobble, this is the only way to ensure the two applications can send data from each other.

Suggested posts