Premium

Country

Switzerland

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9

Operating System

android v9

My Question or Issue

today i received a email stating that due to suspicious activity i had to reset my password.

i want to know what activity was demed suspicous because i was listening to spotify on my way to the Zoo and on my way back i couldnt.

8 Replies

Hey @krix0cris, I'll be happy to help you here.

Spotify will send you an email when it detects any unusual activity on your Spotify account. That email will tell you to reset your password, to protect you in case anything happens.

No worries - all you have to do is click the button you saw in that email to reset your password, and you should be good to go.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

thank you for the reply.

i just wanted to know what activity was suspicious so i dont repeat it

Hey @krix0cris.

No worries! I wouldn't be able to say for sure, but as long as you reset your password you should be good to go! There are also some tips on protecting your Spotify account here.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you need more help 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

reseting the password only took a minute or so. 

only problem was that in my android, the app was beeing automatically logged in with google smart lock so it was causing some errors. had to look where my login info was stored to delete it and then login with the new password.

Hey @krix0cris.

Glad to hear you managed to resolve this one 🙂

In case anyone else is experiencing a similar issue with Smart Lock, make sure to check out this thread, in which users have posted several solutions already.

Hope that helps!

It would be great if support actually answered this user's question because I have the same one now.

WHAT is defined as suspicious activity?

Hi mate I had this problem 2 days and still cant log in, did they solve your problem> If so how long did they take to solve this?

i didnt wait for them to solve it. if you have the same problem with the google auto login, try to find where that login information is and delete it, next time it should ask if for a login.
if you mean the suspicius activity, i got no reply on what is what is considered suspicius so i can't help with that

Suggested posts