Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

disconnecting facebook to my spotify

disconnecting facebook to my spotify

Hi, so I recently connected my Facebook but then decided I didn't want it linked so I then disconnected it and it isn't linked anymore. However, my profile picture is still my Facebook profile picture. I tried removing it and it didn't work. I then changed my Facebook profile picture and it has changed the Spotify picture too. I'm not sure how to stop this

Thanks!

5 Replies

Hi!

You can follow the steps here to disconnect Facebook from your Spotify account.  (Note: If you signed up for your Spotify account with Facebook, it’s automatically connected to Facebook and you can't disconnect it. It’s not possible to disconnect from Facebook via your mobile device. See the ‘Desktop’ steps.)

To change your profile picture, see this page.

Stay safe!

hi, I removed the photo and it doesn't do anything and it just reloads back to my Facebook picture even though it isn't linked anymore

Hey @zaraw99,

Together with what @引きこもり suggested, if you already tried updating your profile picture but your Facebook one won't go away even after disconnecting your account from Facebook, it'd be good to take a look here and try a quick reinstall of the app.

This should help your account sync with the latest changes. 

Let us know how you get on. We'll look out for your reply and are happy to help with anything else too!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

hey! I just tried that for both my phone and laptop and still isn't working I also logged out of both and still nothing. the photo I press remove and it still doesn't go. if I change my Fb profile picture it will still change my spotify picture too

Hey @zaraw99,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

If your Spotify profile photo updates only when you update your Facebook one, would you mind double-checking you successfully disconnected Spotify from Facebook before you try to update the photo one more time? To do so:

1. open the desktop app on your laptop

2. click the downward arrow next to your username (top right corner) > Settings > Social.

If you see an option to Disconnect from Facebook, click on it to complete the procedure and try to log out then back in to your account (or to reinstall, as in my previous suggestion).

Let us know how you get on. We'll look out for your reply and are available to help with anything else as well!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts