Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

discover weekly often repeating same songs

discover weekly often repeating same songs

i used to love my "discover weekly" playlist. I found very good music.

recently, I have noticed it often contains songs that are already on some other playlist of mine or that I already know (and listened to them on Spotify)

besides that, it is also suggesting me quite a lot of stuff I really dont like.

I listen to a good amount of punk rock, why there are pretty much never good punk rock tracks in it?

please make the discover weekly great again 🙂 

25 Replies

So, here's a quick update.  I have been using the button which prevents a song from occurring in your discover weekly again (I think it looks like the minus symbol). I thought the idea of this is that it would prevent duplicates from cropping up time after time in your discover weekly, but I have noticed this morning that there are several songs which I have chosen to discard from discover weekly which have appeared again, although they are greyed out with the minus symbol next to them. So it recognizes that I do not want to hear them again but still includes them, albeit grayed out. what was the point of that?

I noticed that too. Plus, needless to say, songs keep on re-appearing in my discovery weekly over and over again.
Thinking about stopping listening to it, sometimes it's even annoying to listen to the same songs over again.

Also, more than one year later, I am still not happy with my discovery playlist. It honestly looks like it only uses what I listened to 5 years ago. I have been listening to a lot of differente genres, yet discover weekly only shows me what I was listening 4 years ago. Really, I used to enjoy Discovery Weekly the first couple of years, now it's just incredibly boring.

Nice to see that more than 4 years after posting this, Discovery Weekly is even worse than before...

April 2024: Spotify still has no fix for the discover weekly bug. Thanks for this Spotify...

I have to say, for at least the past six months now, my Discover Weekly has been dialed! Predominantly all new stuff for me, accurate to my tastes, and inspiring.  Finally seem to have the algorithm working for me, and not me it.

Very happy user right now.

Suggested posts