Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

double charged by spotify and app store

double charged by spotify and app store

I have an accounted created using facebook which seems to be charged by spotify, but have another montlhy charge being made by app store from apple. Can´t figure it out how to block apple payment, as it apperars as cancelled in my phone.

3 Replies

@laurafurst

Normally this happens when a duplicate account exists, one with a spotify username / password and one with your facebook details.

You can log into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email, your username will be displayed after you login.

In there, check the status of your subscription here:

Check if you're Premium through itunes. If so, you'll know that's the account you should cancel.

With that in mind, check your itunes subscriptions for Auto Renewals and turn it off for Spotify.

Here are Apple's instructions on how to do it:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

You should be getting email receipts for your subscription purchases through spotify.com. In them, the Spotify username you're paying for is shown:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Logout of the app, and be sure to use that username to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

That way you should be stopping your itunes payment and being Premium with the other account.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

My teenager asked if she could have Spotify at 9.99 a month I stupidly said yes... I noticed they took 2 payments in October but didn't panic as figured this was normal as sky etc take a 2nd payment upfront..

Then they did the same in November and have taken the first of what I presume will be 2 payments this month..

When i tried to ring them... Haha... no contact number... I spoke to anis on chat who kept sending me the same messages over and over about checking emails and sending last four digits of the payment card I explained it was set up via the app on a mobile and payment was taken direct from account... or I tried to.. 7 attempts later she finally said she would look at the account and said she could only find one payment per month and went back to asking for email proof etc... I sent screenshots of the bills Clearly showing the payment dates, amounts and that it was a mobile account being charged she said she couldn't see what I was on about then said there must be 2 accounts... I said no it's 1 account on 1 mobile taking 2 charges... and that she should be able to see that by typing in the mobile number.... still no joy... That's almost 2 hours of my life gone and wasted... sent email ... let's see how that pans out... total sham

Hey @Peedoffatspotif

if you're getting charged through the app store, you need to check your iTunes subscriptions Auto Renewal and turn it off for Spotify.

Here are Apple's instructions on how to do it:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts