Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

doubt about spotify family

Solved!

doubt about spotify family

hi! I don t understand what they write about living at the same address to enjoy the spotify family account.

I live with my family but i stay 2-3 of the week in another city for studing, is this a problem for me? when they write that you ll need to live at the same address as it something to do with  my IP adress? don´t understand..

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You're welcome, @zamedp.

Unfortunately some people try to take advantage over this plan, and Spotify tries to check it by IP address. Despite the "Family" name, you don't have to belong to the same family, but you must live in the same address. More details here if you're interested.

Oh, and don't forget to add Likes and Accept As Solution 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi, @zamedp!

Don't worry, if you live in the same address of the other members of the plan, it's not a problem if you study/travel in other cities/coutries, as long as it's temporary 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star

OK thanks! But anyway, why write it so then? Is it only to avoid that a group of friends tries to make a family account? How can Spotify know that the other are actually my family? And how do they control that I m living in the same address? It s mostly for curiosity now... Thank you for replying 🙂
Marked as solution

You're welcome, @zamedp.

Unfortunately some people try to take advantage over this plan, and Spotify tries to check it by IP address. Despite the "Family" name, you don't have to belong to the same family, but you must live in the same address. More details here if you're interested.

Oh, and don't forget to add Likes and Accept As Solution 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star

Suggested posts