Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

duo account address confirmation

duo account address confirmation

Account: Duo Account

Region: Canada

Other: My partner and I are currently staying in Germany (medium to long term) but we kept our apartment in Canada and I am using Canada as my Spotify region.

Hello. I am trying to invite my partner who I live with to join my newly created duo account. I registered our address as the current address in Germany where we are staying, she entered it, it says "you have to live at the same address, try again when you live at the same address." Her Spotify region is Germany so I'm assuming this is what's causing the issue. Is there a way for me to add her to my duo plan and keep the Canadian region?

5 Replies

Hey @Coldbread, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

In order to be able to accept the invite, every member should have the same address and country. She can check here if she has added the same country as you. She can follow these steps, if she needs to update it.

Then you can invite her again to the Premium Duo plan. After she has accepted the invite, she can enjoy the Premium features.

If person gets an error message, you can attach a screenshot and I’ll take a look.

Hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks so much for taking the time to help, Billy-J. I actually was thinking of something a little different, maybe this will help:

Current situation:

We are living  in Germany but also have a home in Canada. We work in both places but will be in Germany for the medium to long term.
I have Spotify Premium Duo.
My country on Spotify: Canada.
My method of payment: Canadian credit card.
My home address on Spotify: (our German address).

My partner has Spotify free.
My partner's country on Spotify: Germany.
My partner's home address on Spotify: Nothing yet, she's trying to join my Duo account with the address I entered on the plan.

What we would like:

My partner and I on the same Premium Duo plan.
Our country on Spotify: Canada.
Our method of payment: Canadian credit card.  
Our home address on Spotify: (our German address).

Sorry for the complicated situation. I'm not even sure if this is possible, but thank you for your help either way!

Hey there @Coldbread

Thanks for your reply. 

Keep in mind that both accounts need to be located in the same country in order for her to join your Premium Duo plan, so at the moment this won't be possible.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience. 

If anything else comes up, you know where to find us. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey @Coldbread

Just to add to what @Novy said :), 

You would need a German payment method in order to switch your country to Germany. Since you're both there for the time being you have to do this - it wouldn't work with an account set to Canada and a German address in the subscription. 

I hope this helps. 

Billy-JSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks to both of you. However I'm still confused why it allowed me to have my country as Canada with a Canadian credit card, but have the address set to a German address. Anyway, my partner and I will figure it out. Thank you for your help.

Suggested posts