Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

e-mail address

Solved!

e-mail address

Plan

Premium Family

Country

Belgium 

Device

iPhone 7

My Question or Issue

I think I have 2 duplicate accounts. The one I'm currently using is connected to my Facebook but with a e-mail address I don't use anymore (hotmail), while my facebook is connected with my gmail. I can't seem to change this, because my gmail address 'is already taken'. What should I do? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @JarneV,

Thank you for your swift reply.

After you delete an account, the email can take between 14 to 30 days to be freed up from the system. You should be able to register the Gmail address on your Premium account after receiving confirmation of the account deletion during that period of time.

If you'd like to use that email immediately, you can reactivate the closed account with the deletion message that was sent to your Gmail.

After this, access to the account and change the email to a different one. This way the Gmail address will be freed up right away. 

Hope this helps!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @JarneV,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

In this case we'd recommend having a look at this Spotify guide. There you will find instructions on how to check for any possible secondary accounts and how to close them if you wish to do so. After an account is closed, the associated email address can be used for another account. This support article explains how to change the email of an existing Spotify account. It's also worthwhile having a look here if you experience any login issues with Facebook.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I have deleted the account connected with my gmail address, but I still can't change the e-mail address of the account that I'm currently using, because it still says that my gmail address is already taken. The account that I use is connected to my old hotmail address, but I always login via facebook which is connected to my gmail address. Can this be fixed or? 

Marked as solution

Hey @JarneV,

Thank you for your swift reply.

After you delete an account, the email can take between 14 to 30 days to be freed up from the system. You should be able to register the Gmail address on your Premium account after receiving confirmation of the account deletion during that period of time.

If you'd like to use that email immediately, you can reactivate the closed account with the deletion message that was sent to your Gmail.

After this, access to the account and change the email to a different one. This way the Gmail address will be freed up right away. 

Hope this helps!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts