Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

email not working to create new account

email not working to create new account

I’m having a bit of trouble creating a new account on spotify. I created a account with a new email 11 days ago and disabled it right after because for some reason it gave me a random name. I thought it only took 7 days to close an account, but i tried to make another one today with the email that i used before and it said the email was taken. Why isn’t it letting me create an account with that email?

6 Replies

Hi there @bellebunner,

thanks for reaching out about this !

May i ask what do you mean by "gave me a random name" ?

Waiting on your update 🙂

I have no clue it gave me a random display name and i didn’t want it so i deactivated the account. 

Hi @bellebunner,

thanks for replying !

Every new Spotify user gets a "serial" number as a backstage username which its  purpose is to allow display names and their customization for each user.

However, each user gets the option to choose display name within the registration process which will be their official username.

All users have the random number you have seen on your account but only the chosen display name shows outside on your official profile.

Hope this shed some light.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

it’s too late for that tho cuz i already disabled the account, so i’m wondering why i cant use my email that’s supposed to work now, to create a new account. 

Hi @bellebunner

thanks for bearing with me !

When an account is closed, it's isn't possible to reactivate it before 7 days have passed, however it may take up to 30 days to complete the process.

The email address that was used in an account can be registered for a new account 14 days after the deletion process has been started.

In light of the above info i provided, you should be able to register a new account very soon.

Hope this shed some light.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Thank you so much! I’ll let you know!

Suggested posts