Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

error in signing up to family instead of premium

error in signing up to family instead of premium

Hello
I signed up for premium last night, and then I had a page appear with all the file spotify memberships, at the bottom of this page it had a button click here to activate your premium account, which I did, however it had signed me over to family, hence rendering my 30 day free premium trial not applicable, I will be charged 17.99 for until 27/05/16 then I will be back to premium, is there anyway to get a refund and the 30 day trial back, I feel that the sign up was a trick of sorts.
Cheers for the advice
2 Replies

Hey @gruntrrr,

We're here to help you out!

Don't worry! You won't lose the 30 day trial. It will split between the amount of accounts you chose for your Spotify Family plan. If you want to get more info about your subscription, you can get in touch with our Accounts team from any of our social media help sites: @SpotifyCares and SpotifyCares.

Just send them a private message with your account's email address and username. You can also use our Contact Form to get email support.

Don't hesitate to write us back if you have any other questions.

That was totally a trick to get you signed up for the more expensive option.  They defaulted to the family accnt without the two options visible when I went to upgrade, and having never seen 'family accnt' before (I was previously premium) I clicked subscribe only to realize the second I clicked on payment that it was family.  I immedaitely switched to premium and sure enough they want to charge me for the whole first month! And why if you have so many options for getting spotify assistance did I just spend 10 min. scouring the site and signing up for community without any clear Contact Us email option?  This should be refunded and corrected asap.

Suggested posts