family-share playlists EDITABLE by everyone, please

Solved!

family-share playlists EDITABLE by everyone, please

dave-sf
Regular

Please allow me to share an EDITABLE playlist with family members.

The current non-editable share/follow is less useful than when I just logged one spotify account into all my devices. 

We are a family. We want playlists like "kids favorites" and "kids singalong" that are shared across dad's, mom's, and two kids accounts - and EDITABLE on all of them. Why is this so hard?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: family-share playlists EDITABLE by everyone, please

jenjen111
Roadie

To make a playlist editable for everyone you would need to make a collaborative playlist.

You would make a collabortaive playist by:

1. creating a playlist
  2. in that playlist there should be three dots (...), press that
  3. tap the option with the music note that says "Make collaborative" beside it

Now that the playlist is collaborative you will need to share the URL to the other devices you want that playlist on and follow the playlist on that device.

Since the playlist is now collaborative it should allow you to add songs from any device that is following that playlist. Other accounts that do not follow the playlist nor have the URL cannot add songs, remove songs, or even find the playlist. Collaborative playlists are private to those who share it.

I hope this helped you out!

4 Replies
Solution!

jenjen111
Roadie

To make a playlist editable for everyone you would need to make a collaborative playlist.

You would make a collabortaive playist by:

1. creating a playlist
  2. in that playlist there should be three dots (...), press that
  3. tap the option with the music note that says "Make collaborative" beside it

Now that the playlist is collaborative you will need to share the URL to the other devices you want that playlist on and follow the playlist on that device.

Since the playlist is now collaborative it should allow you to add songs from any device that is following that playlist. Other accounts that do not follow the playlist nor have the URL cannot add songs, remove songs, or even find the playlist. Collaborative playlists are private to those who share it.

I hope this helped you out!

dave-sf
Regular

Thanks for this answer.

I had no idea that what I wanted is in fact possible, because it's buried behind confusing UI. However, at least it's possible.

I think it would make more sense if I could "share...." "with family member(s)" ... and somewhere along that path check a box saying it's should be collaborative. Sending links around to family members for family playlists is really bizarre and annoying. However, at least it works. Thanks!

jenjen111
Roadie

I totally understand. The formatting can be pretty confusing at first, but after awhile you get used to it. The whole URL idea to make it collaborative would be easier if your could just "share" like a google document or something along the lines. But I don't know if that would happen anytime soon. Let's just hope it is simplified in the near future.

Glad I could help!

Highlighted

Jerzee
Visitor

I have tried everything listed here and the person on my family plan is still unable to contribute.  I have made collabrative and resent the link.  I had them close out Sporify & restart using the link...stillnot able to contribute.  I made a brand new list and added the tracks from previous list then resent link...I am still the only one who can contribute......

any ideas?

SUGGESTED POSTS