Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

family subscription pay date

family subscription pay date

My question is, is there a way to change your payment date for the family subscription to a specific date  . I am usually fine as there is no money in my account until the day I want my payment to come out but today I had a family members money in my account and Spotify took money out of it.

** I have tried cancelling and resubscribing 

7 Replies

Hey, @Bangtan-baby 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

You can change your billing date when you want. You just need to follow some steps. Take a look here:

But note that in your case, you will need to invite everyone that is in your Family plan already, again.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@hezorg I tried that a few months ago as I thought it was because I added family at a later date but it still changed the payment date 

Hey again, @Bangtan-baby 

Just to clarify, do you want to change the billing date or don't? And you've tried to change the billing date following the steps that are in article and it didn't work?

LuanSpotify Star

Hi @hezorg yes I would like to change the date to a specific date. I tried following the steps, I am pretty sure it’s because of adding family package as that is what changed it last time. 

Hey again, @Bangtan-baby 

So, only the date you create the family plan counts on the billing date. When you invite your family, that doesn't influence the billing date. What can be happening is that Spotify considered the date that the payment was approved, but that doesn't bring any future issue for you.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Hi @hezorg, I have the same query but my question is, if I cancel my current family plan and subscribe again on the day that I would like to be debited, will my family members still be on my plan or will I have to re-invite/add them all over again?

Hey there @OlivierSteet,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

When you cancel your Premium Family subscription your Family members will remain in the plan until the time you've already paid for expires. After this all the accounts in the plan will revert automatically to our free service. After this, when you resubscribe on your preferred payment date, you'd have to send invitations to all of the people you want to add to the plan again.

Hope you find this info useful. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have more questions.

Have a great day!

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts