Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

getting advertising on paid subscription on Amazon Fire tablet

getting advertising on paid subscription on Amazon Fire tablet

I received an Amazon Fire tablet  as a gift. I have a paid Spotify subscription (early US adopter fee). I do not get ads on my desktop or laptop but I am getting ads on my tablet. How do I fix this? I do not want to hear upgrade to Spotify premium or eat mcdonalds. I pay not to hear this stuff, it does not matter that it is not a premium account. 

4 Replies

Hey @888margo888, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community!

Can you double-check that you're using the same exact log in details on the Amazon Fire tablet as you are on your computers? It sounds to me like you might not be on accident.

Looking forward to your response 🙂

I will double check - it will have to be tomorrow due to time restraints.
Thanks for the reply.

I tried to reply by email but it bounced back. When I first checked the tablet, it did say free. So  I logged out and signed back in to Spotify. One song and then two ads. One of the ads was a Spotify ad saying sign up to Premium for no advertising. I am grandfathered in as one of the first people to sign up when they came to the U.S. I pay 4.99 a month and have been satisfied with that price for the amount of time I spend on Spotify. I just will not listen to Spotify on the Fire tablet. I pay not to listen to ads, not just on Spotify but any and all programs/software. If you can fix this great, if not "say la vee"  (c'est la vie). Thanks for the helpful hint

@888margo888,

If you tried to contact Spotify support by email and you got a no-reply response, just reply directly to that email and the issue will be sent straight to a staff member and they will help you out as soon as possible. Additionally, you can contact them by messaging SpotifyCares on Facebook or Twitter.

Sorry to hear that your problem still isn't fixed 😞

Suggested posts