Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

gift cards used in other countries - EUR - US

Solved!

gift cards used in other countries - EUR - US

Can gift cards bought in Eur be used in the US - Is there an exchange rate conversion or is it just equal 1,3, 6 months etc?

Thanks,

F

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Was just talking to @David and he confirmed that the gift cards are based on time and not cash value of the card. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi LouiseDg - I've just moved your post to this relevant thread. 

Please see David's post above. You should be able to buy an e-card online just fine with your US debit card. 

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

As far as I am aware, eCards can be redeemed for the same monthly value in any country Spotify is available. I am not sure about the store bought gift cards, but I would imagine they are the same. 

Peter

Peter

Even where in the US monthly is $9.99USD, GB is £9.99GBP & €9.99 EUR clearly there is a pricing difference due to exchange rates. Are gift cards for time period or monetry values?

thanks,

I am pretty sure they are for time periods. 

I will see if I can get verification on this from a member of the community staff for you 😉

Peter

Peter

Marked as solution

Was just talking to @David and he confirmed that the gift cards are based on time and not cash value of the card. 

Peter

Peter

Just to expand on what hammeh said -

Gift cards should be able to be used in any country where Spotify is available. The price points are for easy identification of what you get for the product. 

For example, a 100kr card can be used for 1 month of Premium, or 2 months of Unlimited, while a 300kr card can be used for 3 months of Premium or 6 months of Unlimited. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

Sorry, I'm a little confused with this thread.  So I'm trying to buy a spotify premium gift for someone in the States. I'm in the UK. While purchasing, the field that says 'Country' is that for the purpose of verifying the payment or is it linked to the account that will be setup? I just want to make sure that if I spend £50 for 6 months gift in the UK, it can be redeemed on a new US account.

Thanks

The country is the one that needs to match your payment method, the eCard can still be redeemed in any country where Spotify is available. 

Peter

Peter

Hi... I want to buy someone in the Uk a 6 month subscription, using my US debit card. Is this possible? When i went through the gifting page it said the card had to be registered in the country the account would used. Please help Louise
Marked as solution

Hi LouiseDg - I've just moved your post to this relevant thread. 

Please see David's post above. You should be able to buy an e-card online just fine with your US debit card. 

HI,

I am based in the US and trying yo buy my best friend who likes in the UK a spotify giftcard. I am unable to make this purchase from US. Please advise? I have been a premium user for over a year now!

Thanks,

sush

@sush15

Sorry, but gift cards are specific to a country and cannot be used outside of the specified country. 

If you are using the Spotify e-card page, I think it only accepts payment methods from that country.

This is to limit abuse.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you

I have bought my son in New Zealand a 3months premium subscription. I live in U.K. The code supplied won't work as it is UK specific . What happens now?

Suggested posts