Step 1

NEXT STEP

hacked

hacked

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue 

what is spotify doing to help prevent people from being hacked, this is the 5th time ive been hacked on spotify and it seems relatively easy from what i see my account names been changed i wasnt emailed about a log in froma differnent device there was no suggestion other then my muci will only play 3 songs before being put on a random song like this is not acceptable my cc info is on here and they have full access to my account i am strongly thinking of ditching this service entirely i find it incredibly ridiculous that ive had to spen a hour just trying to contact spotifiy and its not even a direct contact but a dman forum completely unhappy with this service and its security and lack of ease to get into contact with someone.

1 Reply

Hey @skyac, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear this. Please check out this support article with the next steps to take.

Spotify's user records and platforms are completely secure, and they're always adding new measures to keep them secure. There is a great guide here on how to protect your account to prevent this from happening in the future.

If you get an email from Spotify and aren't able to tell if it's legit or not, you can check sure using this checklist.

I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts