Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

high school student discount

Solved!

high school student discount

Is there a way I can get a student discount if I am a student in high school not in college?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey jakenbake99, welcome to the Community. Sadly, this offer doesn't appear to be open to high school students - oh bummer! But the good news is as soon as you get in to college, you can get Spotify Student. Hooray! For now - keep enjoying Spotify. Did you know? The Community forums are also for great music chats and suggestions in The Green Room, or you can have an off-topic chinwag in the off-topic forum. Explore and see what you can find. It's an awesome place. Have an awesome sauce day!

Starting out but ready to make a difference 🙂

View solution in original post

20 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey jakenbake99, welcome to the Community. Sadly, this offer doesn't appear to be open to high school students - oh bummer! But the good news is as soon as you get in to college, you can get Spotify Student. Hooray! For now - keep enjoying Spotify. Did you know? The Community forums are also for great music chats and suggestions in The Green Room, or you can have an off-topic chinwag in the off-topic forum. Explore and see what you can find. It's an awesome place. Have an awesome sauce day!

Starting out but ready to make a difference 🙂

Thats so not fair, high school is important too. We have to use our parents money, 14 a month definitely isn't a "student discount" at all !

That's a real bummer. My son, who is a freshman in high schook has to pay for his own spotify acct. My husband and I don't agree that he needs premium, so, we won't pay. He has to reimburse us every month if he wants to keep the acct. He is only 15. He uses birthday/Christmas money to pay because he to young to get a job. I figure if it is worth it to him he will make the sacrifice, but $10 steep for a high schooler.

This question is marked "Solved." How is it "solved" when the solution is to "not get a discount," or "get older?" This post SHOULD NOT be marked "SOLVED!" The parameters for this issue's resolution are the same as saying a patient is "cured" when he dies from the disease. Sure, the patient doesn't have the disease any more BECAUSE HE'S DEAD. The same as we High School students still don't have a discount. There is no functional barrier to providing this service to High School students. This is just plain weirdness Spotify.  It isn't because of concern of a High School student's disposable income, lots of high school students have plenty of money. They can pay with their parent's credit card (with permission of course, duh), with their own parent-issued debit card, or work off the charge by doing more chores. Hello? Spotify? Are YOU listening?

this discount should be available to all students. I’m in high school and I can’t work, so I use birthday, babysitting, and Christmas money to pay for my premium account. The discount would really help me out. I use Spotify to help me focus on school and home, so please consider opening up the discount to all students.

I think that yes its great college students get a discount but what about those of us who cant afford college and we will miss out on this oppoutunity college is expensive and not everyone can go but if we can save 5 more bucks a month becasue of the discount we could potentially have an extra $240 by the time we are done with all four years of High school I know its not a lot but every penny counts

College enrollment can be instantly verified.  No such function currently exists for HS students.  It sucks to be young, until you're old, and you wish you could have second chance at youth.  

Hi, most students currently enrolled in a high school have a school/student identification card.

but how are you going to verify your student ID with there verfication services?

Most highschools give out student identification or having student id sections on their online grading programs. I’m sure you could send Spotify a picture of one of these and they could verify you within a few weeks.

My son works 1 day a week as a life guard to help pay for everything. He keeps his grades up, plays sports year round and has dyslexia to top it all off. Every month I see Spotify pulling $10.81 out of his account makes me so angry. High school student deserve to get a break too. We have to provide the DPS a verification of enrollment to get our kids a driving permit and a drivers license. It is not that hard to verify kids are enrolled in school. Think outside the box.  Apple’s policy is the same. Do something different to gain the respect of your customers.  Imagine the increased revenue if you were the first to offer a high schoolers a student discount. 

UniDays verifies high school e-mail addresses and provides various product discounts.  In fact, it seems that if you go to high school in the UK, there is a 50% Spotify discount through UniDays but not if you join UniDays with a US high school account!

AMEN

Well, I feel ripped off. I agreed to pay for my daughters Spotify after seeing there was a student price. now after the "free" trial, I go to set up the student price only to find that High School doesn't count. now I have to tell my kid that she cant have Spotify because I'm not paying twice the money for what is overall a dodgy product at best anyway.

i signed my son up using Capitol One credit card and received 50% of for a
year. Don't know if it was a special ...Google it.

Think it is a bit ridiculous that a high school student cannot get the "student discount". To me, this sounds like false advertising and is making me consider switching to Pandora or sound cloud. Spotify, if you're not willing to work with us broke teenage students, I will not give my money to your corporation.

Why?

Some people have a long way to go before they get into college...

Does anyone know if I could send in a picture of my down payment for committing to a university and that will work? Or anything like that like the letter I got saying that I've committed to the school? I already have a student Id number for the university. I'm a senior in hs rn though 

Suggested posts