Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

hooking up more then on device on my rogers account

Solved!

hooking up more then on device on my rogers account

Hello i am a rogers acoount holder i get three premium hook ups to my devices and i cant seem to hook up my second line to an diffrent spotify account 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Rogers Wireless in Canada has an offer with their family wireless plan, you get three spotify accounts free for two years.

I just signed up so me and the wife,  and my daughter each get a spotify account free.

To answer the OP's question, on the MyRogers page where you selected spotify, you can select cancel this service,

then select another offer like Shomi, then cancel Shomi like you just did with spotify.

Now select spotify again, and all boxes next to your phone lines will be blank again.

I had the problem when I selected the first phone line on my account and linked it to my spotify account through my facebook login,

then when I went to link the second line on my account to another spotiy account through facebook,

the cookies/autolog logged me in again on same spotify account.

It took me forever with customer service figuring out how to clear those boxes so I hope this helps you.

My problem is now that I cancelled the premium like rogers told me to, beforeI linked the account,

it still says my premium is expiring in 30 days?

View solution in original post

7 Replies

@jcjones

Hello:

I take it each permium hook up has it's own unique IP address yes?

From the way it works, each Spotify account is connected to each user based on their location, their IP, and current devices being used up to three per account. And this is without any proxy and/or VPN's being used. So each Spotify account needs to be connected to the right IP for this to work right. But Spotify's terms is for a single account per person. So just a question why more than one Spotify account needed?

Marked as solution

Rogers Wireless in Canada has an offer with their family wireless plan, you get three spotify accounts free for two years.

I just signed up so me and the wife,  and my daughter each get a spotify account free.

To answer the OP's question, on the MyRogers page where you selected spotify, you can select cancel this service,

then select another offer like Shomi, then cancel Shomi like you just did with spotify.

Now select spotify again, and all boxes next to your phone lines will be blank again.

I had the problem when I selected the first phone line on my account and linked it to my spotify account through my facebook login,

then when I went to link the second line on my account to another spotiy account through facebook,

the cookies/autolog logged me in again on same spotify account.

It took me forever with customer service figuring out how to clear those boxes so I hope this helps you.

My problem is now that I cancelled the premium like rogers told me to, beforeI linked the account,

it still says my premium is expiring in 30 days?

@canuckles

Thanks for the information, I was digging around on the Rogers site seeing if there was any help pages on this, but had no luck. Anyway now it all makes sense what you posted, a family wireless plan for individual lines.

I wonder if you were able to solve the 30 days remaining issue as I am encountering the same problem

hey bro i also have the rogers plan free spotify for 2 years just having problems setting it up ..

i need your help to set my free premium for 2 years thanks !!! please text me at 1 604 799 3193 or reply on here .

thanks !

Ok I have figured it out.
You need to create two new spotify accounts...then spotify can transfer
your playlists and music to your new accounts.

I dont know how to set up the premium account with the rogers share everything plan so if anybody could help that would be great!

Suggested posts