Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

how can I Change the country of a free account?

how can I Change the country of a free account?

Hi! I have subcribed to  the family plan and I can't activate the plan on my family's accounts because the country of my spotify acccount is spain and them accounts are france. I would like to change them account to spain as we need to have all the accounts from the same country. When I try to do it I can´t change the county, I can choose France only. How can I do?

I can't change the country of my own account because my credit card is spansh so they don´t  let me change the country to France... Please help 🙂 thnak you xxx

5 Replies

Hey there, thanks for reaching out in the community!
You can't change the country in your account because you'll need to have a payment method of the country you wish to change.

So, if you want the rest of the accounts you want to include to change their country, you can follow this guide (https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/How-can-I-change-my-country-setting/?in=search...

Hope this was helpful!
K
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Hi Kate and thanks for your answer. I have already tried to do that but it doesnt work. It doesn't let me the option of change the country I can only choose France::::

Hey again!
Just to make sure, you want to change your account's country or the rest's?

As I mentioned, if you want to change the country in your account, you need to update your payment method that has the same billing address as the country you want to change it to.
For example, if you want to change to Spain, you're going to need a spanish credit card.

K

Hey! Yeah what I want to do is to change the country ( from France to Spain ) of 2 free accounts. Like that I can apply the family plan to those accounts... I don't want to change mine ( premium account) because I don't have a french credit card. I've only spanish credit cards...

If I try to change the country of them free accounts it is not possible I can only choose France... That's my problem...

Thank you for helping

Daf

Hey again! Do these two accounts happen to be linked to fb?

If so, try changing the country from there.
If not, are they in France or Spain right now? It could be that because they are in France and thus the IPs of their equipment french, the system can't change their country...

You can always try to contact support to take a look this, either via their twitter account @SpotifyCares, their facebook or the contact form ( https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/?contact )

K

Suggested posts