Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

how can I cancel

how can I cancel

My daughter put her account on my credit card, the one she had for emergencies only. Now she is in Basic and than will go to her MOS training. It will be all most August before she is back and can use it. I do not want to pay 10 a month for something that is not being used. She was supposed cancel it before she left but of course she didn't. I would like to politely cancel it versus calling my card and deny payment. 

5 Replies

Hey There!

In order to cancel your Premium subscription, you need to:

1. Log in to your account page.
  2. Click Subscription in the menu on the left.
  3. Click CHANGE OR CANCEL.
  4. Click CANCEL PREMIUM.
  5. Click YES, CANCEL. Your account page now shows the date you’ll return to the Free service. We hope you decide to upgrade again!

This is from the Cancel Spotify Premium Page which is linked right here: https://support.spotify.com/us/account_payment_help/payment_help/how-to-cancel-your-subscription/

Hope This Helps!

-twentythree

And this is the problem. I do not have her log in and she is in Basic so I can't get in touch with her. Most likely I will call my card and tell them not to pay anymore.

Hello!

I was reading your previous post and if she's on the basic/free account, your card won't be charged. It'll only be charged for the months when her account said Premium and had access to the Premium Features. Also, you can read this article about refunds from Spotify: https://support.spotify.com/us/account_payment_help/payment_help/refund-policy/

(Keep in mind that this refund policy in the link above states: " you can get a full refund within 14 days of purchase")

And if that doesn't help or if it's charging you currently AND it says the account is basic/free, don't hesitate to ask for more help!

Hope This Helps!

twentythree

I don't want to sound like a **bleep** but I know a free acount is free. She has had a premium account for almost a year. She charged it on my card (the one she had for an emergency) I let her keep because it was a 10 hour drive from school to home. She joined the Army and is now gone to basic and than to MOS. She was supposed to cancel it before she left but did not. I do not want to keep paying for it. I don't have her log in so I can't go into her account to shut it down, I have a free account. I did not have to put my credt card in to register. I understand how it all works. I would like to cancel hers since it will not be used again until August. At that time she can pay for it herself. 

Hello!

Sorry for the misunderstanding on my side. At this point, you could call your credit card company and ask to stop paying like you said earlier. 

Hope This Helps,

twentythree

Suggested posts