Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

how do we find a user on the new spotify update?

how do we find a user on the new spotify update?

How do i search up a user to look at their playlists on the new spotify update ?

10 Replies

Hey @-d8pgee7_5hzr

What device and Spotify client are you using? 🙂

For the desktop client I'd expect to get user profiles in results when typing in their username or Facebook name (if they have FB linked).

If you know the user's Spotify username (not FB name), you can also find them by typing in:
spotify:user:username_here

Let me know how it goes 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

it’s the newest update on iphone and when i typed that it says that the link cannot be opened on the app

@-d8pgee7_5hzr

That's a pretty weird error!

I suggest reinstalling the app (click here on how to!), let me know if the issue still persists 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

yea i’ve tried that but it still shows the same error i think it’s something to do with the new update 😞

@-d8pgee7_5hzr

Please tell me the version of Spotify you're on. 🙂 I'll try to find more information to help you with this issue.

SebastySpotify Star

Hi,

The new Spotify update is messing with everyone since they are used to the old look.

But I guess you can look into your friends profile by just searching their Spotify username. If you don't know their username, install Spotify Desktop for Mac or Windows, I guess you have a Mac since you have an iPhone. After that go to your own Profile and tap on your followers then find your friends username. Now memorise or just copy it since macOS and iOS have Universal Clipboard integrated. 

Now that you have it just go to Search and type or paste it here and scroll down until you find the Profiles section in your search results.

Hope it helps, if it did mark it as a solution and drop a like if you like.

Cheers!

On the app, just go under search & search up their username. 🙂

8.4.53.689 !!

It might be lagging, i had the same problem but i just deleted the app and downloaded it again.

Hey everyone,

Spotify are currently exploring different social options for the free, ad-supported service on mobile. Right now, the ability to search for and follow your friends is unavailable. 

Hopefully, Spotify will have more information about this soon. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts