Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

how to delete my recently played artist from my profile page?

Solved!

how to delete my recently played artist from my profile page?

my premium account was being hack by someone i didn't know. i'm able to get it back and change the password. but now my music suggestion and recently played artist was full of tasteless music by the hacker. what should i do?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

We just wanted to confirm that it currently isn't possible to reset your Recently Played Artists in your public profile in the desktop app.

We'd like to refer you to an existing idea in the Idea Exchange which you can add your vote to (Note that the status is currently set to 'Not Right Now', but we're still taking your feedback on this idea):

For more info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange, make sure to check out this Spotify Answer.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Hey @denissaurus! We're sorry about that.

Unfortunately, there's not a way to have that deleted right now. But make sure to listen to as many of your favorite artists as possible, so we can get back on track with your music taste.

Have a good one 🙂

I think it is ridiculous how we (the users) pay for Spotfiy's service and can not get what we want in return. The fact that we (the users) have to use the service with a company that does not provide the changes that are suggested by its users make it worse. I have stumbbled across at least 5 other threads here in the forums, specifically discussing the removal of the "recently played artists" on the user's profile. It took you guys long enough to add the option to add/change a profile/playlist picture. I am personally having a bad experience with Spotify like many others, and there needs to be more strict feedback guidelines for its users.

Other smart suggestions that should be thought about in future updates:

- Clear all "Recently Played" music with one button/click

- "Your Daily Mix" should be removed (Definetly will not happen LOL) 

- "Podcasts & Videos" should be removed (OK I might be asking for too much...)

- "Home" tab should be removed and merged into the "Browse" tab

- Add a color changable UI (User Interface), with the options to chose the colors black(stock) or white, resulting in a more enjoyable experience for the user.

Thats all I can think of...

Cheers!

I suggest calming down and being less aggressive and demeaning when attempting to post a suggestion; otherwise, no one will be willing to consider what you have to say.

I agree with the person passionately saying - fix things. I'm now a paying customer after the free trial period - - and I'm giving spotify a trial run.  If it's not responsible to help me as a customer - - I'm out of here. 

I am frustrated  - - on my home page the first listing "Recently Played" never updates, and I have no control over what appears.  Is there a way to fix this? 

*snip*

Hey there @jdkah

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Just to double-check, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify-app on your device? We recommend the clean reinstall as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify.

If that doesn't help, let us know what device you're using Spotify on, as well as the operating system name and version and the version of your Spotify-app. We'll be able to take a closer look once we have this info. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

I use a Mac using the latest safari iOS and also my iPhone. Are you saying do an uninstall on Mac and iPhone?? Thanks for your help I’m frustrated with this. Wish Spotify would let users just clear “recently played” album icons on home page

Hey there @jdkah

Thanks for getting back to us.

The clean reinstall is a basic step you can always try with issues like the one you're experiencing. It'll make sure you get the latest version of the Spotify-app. The clean reinstall is also possible on iPhone and Mac. Here you can find more info on how to perform it. 

If you think others might also like your suggestion about users being able to clear the Recently Played section, you can head to our idea boards and create an idea. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app, and you can read more about how ideas work here. You can also read more about how the idea submission process works by clicking here.   

As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented 🙂

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if you have any more questions.

I tried Ivan's idea of doing a complete delete of spotify from my windows 10 program. Did it twice, and both occasions the suggestion utterly failed. Yes, I searched for other parts of the program and deleted. I'm going to wait 24 hrs to see if Ivan responds (are you associated with spotify?) then I will be closing my premium account. There is an artist and album listed that I do not want anyone using my account seeing, and I have absolutely no way to delete it!!!  Having this ability is as basic as an on/off switch and to overlook AND refuse to fix is it ridiculous. 

*snip* 

Hey there @jdkah

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Do you mind trying also the following:

1. Open the Desktop app and go to Recently played
  2. Hover the mouse cursor over the content you wish to remove. 
  3. Find the three-dots menu next to the Play button and click it.
  4. Click on Remove from recently Played
  5. Log out and log back in and check if everything is okay now.

Keep in mind these steps are only available within the desktop app. These steps will help you remove the content you don't wish to see. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Thank you for your suggestion.
Unfortunately, the three dots next to play in recently played does not
offer the option to remove from recently played.
What's weirder still is - - I can listen to a dozen albums in a day, go
back to the home page, and the Recently Played list does not change AT ALL.

Let me make sure we are on the same page here in semantics. You note:"keep
in mind these steps are only available within the *desktop app*." I
presume by "desktop app" you mean the normal spotify page that loads up on
my windows desktop when you install spotify. The term "app" is something
that came of age in hand held devices which we now feel free to look back
and apply to desktop computers and the programs we download. Just want to
be sure we are talking about the same thing.
Here's the deal for me - - I looked at an album a while back and found it
offensive. It is something that I really do not want associated with me,
and now I find it haunting me on my home page. If any family members go to
it they will find that album emblazoned there. Now, as a paying subscriber
I must have this tattooed onto my home page!! And I resent it. And insult
to injury, I'm paying for it.
Again, I'll give another 24hrs to see your response, but after that, no
more fix ideas. I want to cancel and likely will return to Pandora. I
actually prefer spotify, but I'm sure you agree, cannot use it under these
circumstances.
John

Thank you for your suggestion. 

Unfortunately, the three dots next to play in recently played does not offer the option to remove from recently played. 
What's weirder still is - - I can listen to a dozen albums in a day, go back to the home page, and the Recently Played list does not change AT ALL.  
Let me make sure we are on the same page here in semantics.  You note:"keep in mind these steps are only available within the desktop app."  I presume by "desktop app" you mean the normal spotify page that loads up on my windows desktop when you install spotify.  The term "app"  is something that came of age in hand held devices which we now feel free to look back and apply to desktop computers and the programs we download. Just want to be sure we are talking about the same thing. 
Here's the deal for me - - I looked at an album a while back and found it offensive. It is something that I really do not want associated with me, and now I find it haunting me on my home page. If any family members go to it they will find that album emblazoned there. Now, as a paying subscriber I must have this tattooed onto my home page!! And I resent it.  And insult to injury, I'm paying for it. 
Again, I'll give another 24hrs to see your response, but after that, no more fix ideas. I want to cancel and likely will return to Pandora.  I actually prefer spotify, but I'm sure you agree, cannot use it under these circumstances. 
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

We just wanted to confirm that it currently isn't possible to reset your Recently Played Artists in your public profile in the desktop app.

We'd like to refer you to an existing idea in the Idea Exchange which you can add your vote to (Note that the status is currently set to 'Not Right Now', but we're still taking your feedback on this idea):

For more info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange, make sure to check out this Spotify Answer.

Thanks!

Suggested posts