Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

how to renew my offline mode license

Solved!

how to renew my offline mode license

First I had the trail spotify for like 48 hours then I signed up with all my credit card info and everything for the real thing.  I can only listen to music when I have service or on wifi. When I switch to offline mode it says "Your license to listen offline has expired, please go online to renew it".  Is this due to the fact that I haven't been charged yet since IM still under the 30 free days? Please Help!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Should work fine. Try logging off then on again (try this twice - for some reason it helps more often apparently)
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hello! I have this same problem. I just got a new droid and signed up for Spotify premium so that I could download music and listen in offline mode. I tried logging off and on again twice and resetting my password, and I still am getting the message that "your license to listen offline has now expired, please go online to renew it."

Is there a real solution to this problem? Or perhaps I just tried to use the offline mode too soon?

Thank you!

Courtney

Marked as solution

Hey!

You need a active Premium subscription if you want to enojy Spotify on it's best view with Offline mode etc.

When expired, just subscribe again and re-download content to Offline. If subscribed already now, just re-download content and that's it!

Marked as solution

Thank you! Works great now.

17 Replies
Marked as solution

Should work fine. Try logging off then on again (try this twice - for some reason it helps more often apparently)
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence
Marked as solution

Hello! I have this same problem. I just got a new droid and signed up for Spotify premium so that I could download music and listen in offline mode. I tried logging off and on again twice and resetting my password, and I still am getting the message that "your license to listen offline has now expired, please go online to renew it."

Is there a real solution to this problem? Or perhaps I just tried to use the offline mode too soon?

Thank you!

Courtney

Marked as solution

Hey!

You need a active Premium subscription if you want to enojy Spotify on it's best view with Offline mode etc.

When expired, just subscribe again and re-download content to Offline. If subscribed already now, just re-download content and that's it!

Marked as solution

Thank you! Works great now.

I have the same problem, and I have tried to re-download content several times but it still doesn`t work.

Do you know what I can do??

How do I do this? I have the same problem and have tried to log out and in several times but it still says that my license has expired. I'm not a technical genious at all so if you could please give me a detailed how-to 🙂 Thanks!

Hey there!

To verify your subscription, you need to have a working (read: active) Premium subscription and a Internet connection for this. So for example if you have a mobile phone without Internet and Spotify in Offline mode with content, all you need is a go to Internet via Wifi or 3G (do not use if you do not have a fixed data plan, data charge may apply) and then go back to Offline.

You need to do this because Spotify want to be sure you have a active payment and then Spotify can transfer your listening data, so they can pay to rightholders/artists you listen.

Hope this works!

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. I do have wifi on my phone and I have logged in to spotify several times via wifi. So spotify works as long as I have my wifi turned on and in online modus, but when I try to go offline it gives me the message that my license to listen offline has expired. 

Do you have active Premium? You may need to log out and then back when you on Wifi. Also when Offline content is expired, you also can try to re-install app or to delete Offline content and re-download this content again.

Also please log in to app via Wifi before expire date, so in future no problems like this. When you log in, you're expire date is +30 days from Wifi enabled day. So just keep connecting to Wifi for example on first day every month and you should be fine with Offline content. 🙂

How this works for you?

I have the same issue.  My spotify account is Premium (in the first 15 days or so I believe) and had been working just fine on my android and computer.  I downloaded lots of playlists to use offline on my android and today it is gone.  When I go to offline mode it says "your license to listen offline has now expired, please go online to renew it".  

I have had my android connected to wifi and the phone's mobile network and it continues to give me the error message and my tracks are still gone.  For example I can access the "whats new" section of the spotify app and the network seems to work fine.  On my computer the spotify app confirms that I have a premium account.

Could this have to do with the fact that I am currently traveling abroad?

Thanks

I have tried every solution given to renew my license to losten offline. I have a premium account. Any suggestions please?

I need help! I cant listen to songs offline as its sayin my license needs renewed?ive tried loggin in and out twice but hasnt worked

@natasm wrote:
I need help! I cant listen to songs offline as its sayin my license needs renewed?ive tried loggin in and out twice but hasnt worked

Can you try fully restarting your device and see if that makes any difference? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi peter, thanks for the quick response. Tried restarting but that hasnt worked, dont understand why its not working. Does anyone have a contact number for spotify?

@natasm wrote:
Hi peter, thanks for the quick response. Tried restarting but that hasnt worked, dont understand why its not working. Does anyone have a contact number for spotify?

@natasm - Spotify don't have a contact number however the easiest way to get this sorted is to request an offline device reset by posting on this topic and a member of the community team can wipe your offline devices for you. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for your help peter

i've done it multiple times it doesn't work-This is crap...get your act together with the offline mode...I'm going to cancel mysubscription...

Suggested posts