Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhoneXr

Operating System

iOS 12

My Question or Issue

I keep getting logged out of the spotify app. Before any developers tell me to restart my device delete the app and re-install deleted the iPhone off my devices I have done all that. I don't get an error message when opening the app it just kicked me out. I've reset my PW and I've scoured the community page to find a solution but thus far none of worked.

9 Replies

Did resetting your password help?

Do you have any other devices or members logged in under that account?

Nope when I reset my password yesterday it didn't change anything I got booted out midlisten! Also I'm only logged in on devices that I use personally. I even deleted all the devices from the account page to ensure that I was starting fresh when I logged in each time. Still get booted out.

I use iPhoneX and iPad pro11". While I have problem same you. My device continously logging out automatic. It have message when I open app that "the email and combination password is incorrect". I found problem since last weekend.

Hey @doyacl.

Thanks for getting back to us.

We'd like to ask you to try the following steps one more time:

1. Change both your Spotify password and (if attached to your Spotify account) your Facebook password.
  2. Log out everywhere on your Spotify account page and your Facebook profile.

We would also like to give you the following instructions for a thorough reinstallation of the app. Just in case you missed an important step:

1. On your iPhone tap Settings > General > iPhone Storage
  2. Select Spotify
  3. Offload the app, then tap Uninstall
  4. Turn off your iPhone and wait 2 minutes
  5. Switch your iPhone back on and install Spotify from the App Store

If after all this, you are still experiencing issues, please try a friend or family members account to see if the same happens. This way we can find out if this is account related.

Let us know what the result is. Looking forward to your reply!

Have a nice day.

I was really hopefully that, that was going to work. No dice. Followed all the steps and had success for a couple hours, but I just opened the app and I was logged out...

Hey @AshMeisch.

Thanks for getting back to us.

In that case, we suggest you reach out to our Customer Support team here, who will be able to help secure your account.

If after doing this you're still experiencing this issue, get back in touch with us and we'll continue to troubleshoot.

Thanks! Let us know how you get on.

Thank you, I'll reach out to them. It seems that it's related to my account as I logged into my boyfriends account last night and I'm still logged in this morning. 

Hopefully the customer support team can help.

Thanks

Hi!

I have the exact same problem, on my iphone and on my macbook. Spotify logs me out even when I'm listening to music and sometimes logging in again doesn't work...

I read the thread but the whole changing pasword, uninstalling and installing sounds a lot of effort if it doesn't offer a solution.

Can you look into the problem without me having to do all those steps? 

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards, Marie

Hey @marieboutsen.

Thanks for getting in touch!

We recommend trying the steps mentioned in this topic. If they don't work for you, then it's possible that something is up with your account. Would you in that case mind creating a new account to see if that solves the issue?

No worries, if you make sure your music collection is stored in public playlists, you can visit your old account with your new account and grab all your songs from there. You’ll be able to visit your old account by putting the following string in the search bar:  spotify:user:username

Don't forget to replace username with your own username. Oh and by the way, If you want to use the same email address for your new account, you'll have to close your old account. You'll have 7 days to visit your old account and find your music there. You’ll also need to cancel your subscription on your old account, in case you have a Premium account.

We hope the steps work however. Let us know if you have further questions and we'll be happy to help.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts