Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone App won't accept password

iPhone App won't accept password

I've tried about a million times, even resetting my password a few times to simpler things to make sure I was not mistyping it. I can log in just fine on my PC and iPad, but for some reason my iPhone says: "Login failed \n Unable to login, either username or password is incorrect. Have you signed up for a Spotify account?" Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

EDIT: I didn't create my account through FB like everyone else with this problem seems to have

5 Replies

Hey @potatopierogie

This is an odd one but we'd love to help out as much as possible 🙂

When signing up it looks as though you've created a username, so make sure to use your account's username and not an email address. How does that help?

If you're still having difficulties with logging in, try reinstalling the Spotify app. It'll make sure that everything is installed correctly. To do so, just follow the steps in the link below:

https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

Let us know how that helps out 🙂

When i sign in with my username, potatopierogie, that somehow got switched with my throwaway account. I want my original account, so how do I find out which username to use?
EDIT: After this thread
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad/iPhone-app-wont-accept-password/td-p/1151110
on the iOS board yesterday, my throwaway is able to be logged in using potatopierogie as the username. I want my original account back though.

Hey,

That fixed my problem! 🙂 Thx! Just used my username rather than my e-mail.

Back to listening to good music :)!!!

I did this, reintalled the app on my iPhone 6 but I still can't login to Spotify on my phone. I can login fine online or on my PC.

I worked this out Spotify automatically created a username without my knowledge and I found it in my account settings. I cant change it but when I use that instead of the email address I signed up with it all works.  Clearly a bug in the software. I use a gmail account and it simply dropped the @gmail.com and used the rest of my email as the user name.

Suggested posts