Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone app - can't log in

Solved!

iPhone app - can't log in

Hi, 

I have a premium account and the app on my iPhone. However when I try to log in with my credentials it says that "You've already created an account with this email address." 

What can be the problem since I wanna log in not sign up...?

Thank in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey,

Oh I fully forgot to note that the story was resolved, I made a mistake there so it was a human error!

Anyway, thanks for helping out!

View solution in original post

20 Replies

Hello and welcome to the Spotify Community!

You should contact with Spotify Consumer Support filling this contact form, or tweeting to @SpotifyCares.

If you receive an automated email that leads you back to the community or help pages, reply to it (even if it's from "no-reply") and one of the Spotify team members will get back to you as soon as possible.

Don't forget to check your Spam Box 😉

Marked as solution

Hey,

Oh I fully forgot to note that the story was resolved, I made a mistake there so it was a human error!

Anyway, thanks for helping out!

Hey how did u fix this

Hey @Aundrelljones

Go to this article and click on the iPhone tab to read troubleshooting steps:

https://support.spotify.com/problems/#!/article/Problems-logging-in-to-Spotify

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

As I wrote it up above, it was a human error and I used the wrong user name. Retry with your email address/user name and make sure you are using the right credentials! 

Just to make it clearer for others that could land here looking for a solution to this issue, the problem is that your trying to loginn using your email address instead of your USER NAME.  

Carla

I was getting this message too, but in my case it was human error. The login section asks you for your username and password, and I was typing in my email address and password. If you can't remember your username you can use the "forgotten username" assistant or you can login with your email address and password in a web browser and it then opens your account which shows your username. At that point you can go back to the app and login correctly. 

Hope this helps someone 🙂 (unless of course no one makes such a ridiculous mistake like me!)

@huneconomy wrote:

Hi, 

I have a premium account and the app on my iPhone. However when I try to log in with my credentials it says that "You've already created an account with this email address." 

What can be the problem since I wanna log in not sign up...?

Thank in advance!

Don't enter your email address. Enter your username. Got the same problem too. Thank u guys!

it worked you put youre username and dont forget the dash and us on the end , like this     username -us 

try typing only your username not the whole email registered in your spotify account. I had the same problem, I did put only my spotify account name on the username box and it worked!

Awesome, simple solution.  Thank you!

Thanks, thought I was losing it. . ..!

Wonderfull Tipp, had same problem and it works with only Typung my account Name ... Thanks for it.

Thank you! I was able to resolve this issue just as you mentioned it in your post. Again thank you!

People keep saying, "only type your username not your whole email." but thats what i've been doing and it still wont let me log in 

Also make sure of that you TYPE your password, do not copy and paste it because it will always fail. You need to type your whole password and make sure you don't have Capslock enabled.

Login failed! Youve already ligged in wirh this email" thats all i get from my iohone when trying to login why cant i do nothing? I wm so frustrated

It's saying the same for me..that my email is already with an account but idk what account that would be. what do I do?

Delete the app.  Re-download.

Type in Username, and Password.  This will fail.

Click Forgot Password.

Spotify will send a link to create a new password, follow the directions via the browser (Safari?) and create a new password.

Return to app, enter Username and new password.

Done.

Suggested posts