Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

illegal use of my email address

Solved!

illegal use of my email address

Dear Spotify - I'm extremely unhappy that someone illegally signed up for spotify using my email address.  There seemed to be no clear way to notify Spotify of this issue.  The only advice Spotify offered on the faq:  an admonishment that if an email is in use, then - well, users must have forgotten they registered!

and..oh, btw - change the password!  

I can state categorically that I never registered with spotify.

Spotify needs some obvious way for people to protect their email

Since I'm a reporter who must protect her email address, I'm only too happy to tweet and write an article about your sloppy management of this problem.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@user-removed wrote:

Dear Spotify - I'm extremely unhappy that someone illegally signed up for spotify using my email address.  There seemed to be no clear way to notify Spotify of this issue.  The only advice Spotify offered on the faq:  an admonishment that if an email is in use, then - well, users must have forgotten they registered!

Since I'm a reporter who must protect her email address, I'm only too happy to tweet and write an article about your sloppy management of this problem.

Hi there, and welcome to the community!

You should go to the Support Form to have this issue solved - if you get an automated reply, just send a reply directly back to it.

Liam

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

marymm - As Liam suggested, please email in. We'll happily get this sorted.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

@user-removed wrote:

Hi there, and welcome to the community!

You should go to the Support Form to have this issue solved - if you get an automated reply, just send a reply directly back to it.

Liam

Marked as solution

marymm - As Liam suggested, please email in. We'll happily get this sorted.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Suggested posts