is it possible to block a certain artist?

Solved!

Re: is it possible to block a certain artist?

Therionate
Casual Listener
Do not just consider, click that button to cancel your paid subscription. Some other stream service will read this and hopefully they will add a block button. Your the one who is paying, not the record company!
2 people liked this

80sgirl

It's ridiculous that you can't block a song or artist. My Daily Mix had Paul Anka singing "Having My Baby". **bleep**???? That song should be banned from existing anywhere. My ears are burning. I'm not even that old so no idea why Spotify thought that would be a good song for me.

5 people liked this

emiliebadin
Casual Listener

Hey @Maxim - the Spammer, This post is not solved. Remove you post. STOP requesting likes and "Solution" badge that is missleading Spotify Tech team. You do not solve anything here, you are spamming and affecting the solution process. I reported your post as Inappropriate content, and everyone else should do so.

In response to the original post. In radio mode, the dislike button is supposed address the request of blokcing artsists, however the feature DOES NOT WORK. You would still hear the same song and artist over and over. It's a bug, and Spotify is doing NOTHING to push the ticket to priority level.

Maxim's post prevents engineers from getting alerted about this bug. 

1 person liked this

diveboy8
Regular

Great idea I've reported the 'Solved' too.

mvdlinden
Casual Listener

I understand that it is really, really hard to program a functionality to filter and / or blacklist certain artists, but please give me an easy option to block Adele and Justin Bibber

1 person liked this

stuartchatwood
Casual Listener

Nothing worse than a song with explicit or extremely suggestive lyrics coming on a car ride with the family...  (:

The parents look at each other and yell out loud SPOTIFY!!

kenterfie

I don't use spotify anymore. Its unbelivable that no way exists to block unwanted music. Its a joke that spotify said its solved...

3 people liked this

Gulshanrajput

I'm facing the same issue. Discover Weekly is constantly showing me an aritst I hate. I've been skipping his songs since weeks and Discover Weekly is smart enough to bring it back to irrititate me.

1 person liked this

jaredyatesdecke

This might be a deal breaker for me.  I have really enjoyed Spotify up to this point, but the program just does not get the clue that I don't like a particular Artist.  I have even Thumbed Down specifc Tracks multiple times and they still keep popping up in various other Auto-Generated Playlists / Radio Station and in the Auto-Play option for my own Playlists that don't contain any of this Artist's songs.  When will the algorithm get the clue that I don't want to hear any of his music!

Considering how long this has been on the backlog, I have very little confidence that Spotify is actually listening to its Listeners.  In fact, this is one of about 12 Issues I have researched for Spotify where the Answer is that there is NO SOLUTION.  Things as simple as sorting your Playlists alphabetically!  Seriously?  That wasn't in the original design?  This only encourages me to look elsewhere for my music entertainment needs.

stuartchatwood
Casual Listener

I have to agree with you.  I enjoy many aspects of Spotify but I will start looking for a service that allows you to block certain songs and artists.

I feel that Spotify has a tight arrangement financially and content wise with the major labels and they might be telling Spotify in Sweden what to do.  If this is the case, it's a shame as I feel this option to BLOCK AND HIDE ARTISTS AND SONGS SHOULD BE LEFT TO THE USERS!

Hopefully they will listen if enough people insist on it or a smart competitor includes this option.

SUGGESTED POSTS