Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

last.fm wont work

Solved!

last.fm wont work

I have been using last.fm since march 1st and it has only just started failing for me. I see on my profile that the account is linked because it shows what music I am listening to, but when the song finishes it doesn't scrobble and just changes to the next track. I have logged out numerous times on my mac and phone, reset my password, went offline and turned on private session then turned it off. I don't want to lose all of my scrobbles and have to create a new account over this, so can someone help?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @g-princy and welcome to the Community! 🙂

I had this exact same issue yesterday morning after I updated my iOS Spotify app. I believe Last.FM might've changed the way they sync with Spotify since it was not showing connected on my Last profile anymore. It said "new" by the Spotify application even though I have been scrobbling for well over a year now. I got it back on track by reconnecting on Last.Fm's site (settings>applications) and for extra measure I changed my password with Last and forced a resync sign in/out on the Spotify app.
I was back online in about 15 minutes and it has been working correctly ever since. I hope this helps clear up your issue too!

Have a great day! 😄

View solution in original post

Capture.PNG
3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @g-princy and welcome to the Community! 🙂

I had this exact same issue yesterday morning after I updated my iOS Spotify app. I believe Last.FM might've changed the way they sync with Spotify since it was not showing connected on my Last profile anymore. It said "new" by the Spotify application even though I have been scrobbling for well over a year now. I got it back on track by reconnecting on Last.Fm's site (settings>applications) and for extra measure I changed my password with Last and forced a resync sign in/out on the Spotify app.
I was back online in about 15 minutes and it has been working correctly ever since. I hope this helps clear up your issue too!

Have a great day! 😄

Capture.PNG

@bethany_03 This worked, thanks. Was on the verge of deleting my last.fm account.

That's awesome! Really happy to hear it. 😄

Suggested posts