Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

lost account

lost account

Plan

Free/Premium

Country Australia

Device

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I have lost my original account. I bought a new phone and when I wanted to register it with spotify I could not log in as it said there was no account attached to the email address I provided. But it is the only one I have that is current!! So, I have registered a new account using that same address so that I could access some help. I am still paying premium for my old account though I am not using it and wish to close it down. What next. Please help. I am paying for something i can't use.

4 Replies

Hey @thedish,

That's annoying! However, there are ways this can be fixed!

I would suggest you head over and contact Spotify Cares on either Facebook or Twitter, whichever is easiest for you and let them know that you have lost access to your account, you will then need to provide proof of ownership and they will sort this out for you!

If you have any other questions feel free to let me know!

Thankyou so much! However I have neither a Facebook nor a Twitter account.
Still possible?

Hey @thedish

You'll need a Twitter or Facebook account for that, but you'll find other means of contacting our support team here.

Hope that helps!

Hey there @thedish,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Since you mention being on a Premium subscription on your original account, we'd recommend looking in your email inbox for a Spotify receipt. Once you've located it, you can double-check the username or email address your Premium account was registered with.

If you've also still got your old device handy, you can follow the steps here to locate it.

After you've located your Premium account's username, you'll need to enter it in our login page along with the correct password. You can then follow the steps here to close your Free account to avoid any future confusion, if you'd like.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts