Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

lost premium account when changed mt card details

lost premium account when changed mt card details

I have been paying the subscription for premium for a while now and just changed my card details which has resulted in me loosing the premium account status. One advice on the forum was to buy premium again but i am afraid that i will then end up paying twice, surely there is a better solution to this Spotify, especially as this must happen quite often when people get new cards or loose them etc!

4 Replies

Hello Emma and welcome to the Community!

Since we have to ask you for more personal data in order to solve this, I would suggest you to write a ticket here:

https://www.spotify.com/se/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

The Support team will be happy to help you as soon as they can.

Thanks and sorry for the inconveniences. 

-----------------------------

Rocio

Community Manager

Use the "Accept as solution" button if your problem has been solved 🙂

♬Music is life♬

Its funny you shoud say that becasue thats exactly what i did first and they told me to go to the community, I am gettting really frustrated here as a paying customer should not be sent from pillar to post like this!!! I wouldn't mind if it was still a free service but now that I have been paying for a while I dont think it should be this hard to get the problem sorted, not a happy camper 😞

Hello Emma, very sorry to hear that you had to go from the contact form to this community and the other way around. Apologies. 

You are a free user now so you just need to upgrade to Premium and you will be a premium user again, you will not pay twice.

If you get a problem doing this, please get back to us and we will be happy to help you again.

Truly sorry for the inconveniences, thanks for being there 😉

-----------------------------

Rocio

Community Manager

Use the "Accept as solution" button if your problem has been solved 🙂

♬Music is life♬

So does that mean i have to go through the whole process again, even thought i have already added the new card details in my account? If that is the case i will not bother and just stop using Spotify, surely if you want to keep subscribers the process to add new card details should be as easy as possible, surely this happens often enough for you to find a real solution for it! In addition the emaiil you sent me to tell me that the card had rejected payment told me to simply add in the new card details, it said nothing about upgrading again.

Not a viable solution i am afraid! Good customer lost 😞 all this effort is making me question the money i am paying each month, where as if i had simply entered the new card details and it all happened automatically i wouldnt have time to doubt!

Emma

Suggested posts