Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

made new account so i could unlink to facebook but it says my account is now linked again...

made new account so i could unlink to facebook but it says my account is now linked again...

I deactivated my Facebook but first I contacted spotify so I could get my spotify unlinked. The only way I could do this was by making a completely new account and trnsfering my playlists. This whole process took weeks. Well I recently reactivated my facebook and now my facebook is linked again even though I did not link it. I'm assuming this is because both accounts have the same email. Seriously if spotify can't keep my info private I'm going to be really annoyed. How do I fix this?
3 Replies

@missdefunkw wrote:
I deactivated my Facebook but first I contacted spotify so I could get my spotify unlinked. The only way I could do this was by making a completely new account and trnsfering my playlists. This whole process took weeks. Well I recently reactivated my facebook and now my facebook is linked again even though I did not link it. I'm assuming this is because both accounts have the same email. Seriously if spotify can't keep my info private I'm going to be really annoyed. How do I fix this?

If you have unlinked your Spotify account from Facebook, and you are logging into the client using your Spotify username and password (not your email address - email address login always authenticates via Facebook) then you are in control if that account is connected to Facebook or not. You can connect/disconnect from the desktop client in Edit/Spotify > Preferences > Social Network. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

It doesn't say it's connected. By my old usernname is coming up instead of my new one... 

@missdefunkw wrote:

It doesn't say it's connected. By my old usernname is coming up instead of my new one... 

And have definitely logged into using your new username? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts