Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

manual payments, please

manual payments, please

so... spotify automatically charges for the premium subscription but I REALLY don't want that. can I pay manually instead?

5 Replies

Hi there welcome to the community,

There isn't really a solid solution for paying manually, but I do have an alternative.

Instead of paying by creditcard, buy a gift card instead. Those can be purchased for 1, 3, 6 and 12 months. These gift cards can be purchased in a local store, and online through Spotify by clicking here.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Can see this post is old, however, it'd be really useful if this could be a thing.

Hey there @ThatAnonGuy,

Thanks for jumping in here!

We see that you'd like to pay manually instead of having a recurring subscription. Here you can see the payment methods you can use for Spotify in general. In your case prepaid cards should do the trick. You can find more info on gift cards here.

On your account page you can check the available methods in your country, just like @Jordi said. 

We hope that helps 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

It doesn't. I pay all my bills manually. At the moment I have to wait for my membership to expire before I can pay for it. Every month.

Not a big deal, but annoying.

Hey there @ernie345,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

If you don't want to manually pay for the subscription, you can head here and choose a recurring payment method. The changes should take place with the next billig date. 

If that doesn't work, we'd suggest to open an incognito window on your PC and to try again choosing another payment method. Sometimes the cache can lead to different issues.

Tip: If you use a gift card, you can add a few at the same time. That way you can avoid waiting till the premium time has run out.

Hope this helps. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts