Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

my profile picture and name disappeared today

my profile picture and name disappeared today

I have my account connected by facebook and I didn't change my name or picture there for almost 10 years. even so, it disappeared on spotify, now I'm a bunch of numbers, and I can't find any way to fix it. I already tried many restarts but nothing seems to solve it and there's no option anywhere to change the name. I wouldn't mind to create a new account but I have to be sure that I can import all my playlists. 

Plan

Premium

Country

Portugal

Device

All

Operating System

All

My Question or Issue

Anyone knows how to set a name on an account with numbers?

10 Replies

Hey there @Paulgi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

The changes you noticed may occur with Spotify accounts originally created through Facebook. In this case your Spotify account details are automatically set and you can't change them.  

What you see could happen when your account is no longer connected to Facebook. In order to see your display name again you need to connect the two accounts. Check out this help page on how to do this. Make sure to visit this Spotify Answer as well if you need further help with your settings.  

If you want to change your profile picture simply follow these steps.

Hope this helps. If you have questions, you know where to find us. 

My account is still connected to facebook and I didn't change anything both in facebook or Spotify in many years.

So what should I do? Should I disconnect spotify from facebook. I can't understand. My account is paid until the end of this year. I don't uynderstand what's Spotify doing. Why can't I keep my name? Why did Spotify changed my name for a number?

Btw. I even have to login using the facebook account. Now I really regret to have done that.

If I disconnect facebook from spotify will I be able to replace those numbers by my name?

Hey there @Paulgi,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

If your account is still connected to Facebook but your display name and profile picture are not displayed correctly you'll need to log out of your account and log back in using your Facebook credentials. We'd also suggest checking out this Spotify Answer for more tips and tricks.

If you prefer to disconnect your account from Facebook, you can follow the steps in this article and afterwards edit your display name and profile photo as described here.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Spotify removed my name again yesterday.

I tried all suggested options but nothing solved it.

Anyway, I noticed that even on my "account overview" there's a number instead my name. I selected to edit my profile but there's no option to add my name again.

We should have a way to edit the name and save it permanently so it stop disappearing constantly.

Hey there @Paulgi,

Thank you for your post.

In this case we suggest that you follow the steps that's provided here to see if you have another account.

Keep us posted. We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers! 

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I don't think I have another account. I've been using the same account for about 10 years now, I have thousands of playlist on this account. I didn't notice any playlist missing. The only thing that disappeared was my name, it was changed by a random number.

I can see all my playlists but now it says that the playlist was created by a number.

Usually it's pretty easy to change the name on any service or application, but Spotify seems to have it totally bugged.

Hey again @Paulgi,

Thank you for your reply.

It would be great if you can provide us a screenshot of what you can see?

Also - can you log out of your account and log back in using your Facebook credentials?

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I'm not sure if it's safe to share, because the number displaying instead of my name, seems to be my account number.

Anyway, I decided to give up. I've been wasting a lot of time trying to do something that even in the most mediocre service is easy to do.

Also, I already talked to some friends that lost their name on the account years ago and they never found a way to edit their name. Looks like Spotify likes to replace people names by numbers from time to time. The level of Spotify incompetence is unspeakable.

I'll just activate a private session from now on and give up of my name. Maybe one day Spotify learns how to let us edit our name and stops this stupidity.

Hey @Paulgi,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Just to double check- does this happen on another device? This could be a device-related issue.

Do you also get an error message, when you try updating your display name? If so, you can send us a screenshot of it. Just make sure that any sensitive information is hidden. We'll investigate this further.

If you have more questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts