Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

my spotify account playlists and history got erased when I reset my password

Solved!

my spotify account playlists and history got erased when I reset my password

I currently use Spotify Web Player and the app on my phone, but when I downloaded the app on my computer (Windows 10) I forgot my password and decided to reset it. However, it changed my username to a bunch of random letters and numbers, and all my history of songs that I favourited, or playlists all disappeared. Does resetting your password basically delete your account??? I'm currently extremely disappointed, and was wondering if anyone could help explain, thanks! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there!

Not to worry, your Spotify playlists haven’t disappeared - it sounds like you might’ve accidentally created a second account and signed into that one instead. I'd recommend checking out the FAQ page "Can I create multiple accounts?" here for more info.

If you’re definitely logged into the right account, but you’re still not seeing some playlists, I’d suggest reading this Spotify Answer for the correct steps.

Hope this helps!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there!

Not to worry, your Spotify playlists haven’t disappeared - it sounds like you might’ve accidentally created a second account and signed into that one instead. I'd recommend checking out the FAQ page "Can I create multiple accounts?" here for more info.

If you’re definitely logged into the right account, but you’re still not seeing some playlists, I’d suggest reading this Spotify Answer for the correct steps.

Hope this helps!

Jose_MSpotify Star

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH... I've looked into the webpages that you linked, and I have indeed accidentally made a second account. Thank you so much for your help!! 

Hey! I'm glad to hear your problem was solved 🙂 Make sure to let me know if there's anything else I can help with.
https://open.spotify.com/track/6JWddKPdqvDc2WkPEi9grC?si=V9EEOORsQe62iaMt15dWqA
Jose_MSpotify Star

so my issue is that my spotify library shows its a second account but my spotify homepage is the homepage of my primary account and i dont know how to fix this. i have all my playlists on my homepage but in my spotify library theres nothing. this happened after i reinstalled the app

Hey @RileyAdams1,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you please send us a few screenshots illustrating the issue? Also, let us know if you've checked the suggestions in this thread.

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts