my spotify on windows isnt registering any of my songs on any of my playlists

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

US

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

it started off as me just missing a few songs which i clearly remembered adding but just werent showing up anywhere but my mobile account. i reinstalled spotify, expecting the issue to be fixed, but now nothing is showing up in any of my playlists. it still somewhat recognizes that the songs are IN there, they just dont show up. if i go on mobile and connect to my pc, and play a song, it recognizes that its a song on my playlist and shows it the speaker icon indicating its playing, but it just, doesnt? ive tried reinstalling, restarting my computer, nothing. unsure if its a problem with my account or on windows (it should also be mentioned that the account im posting this on is an alt account, as my main was unable to post anything bc i lost the old email i used to log in and when i tried to change it to my current one, it didnt seem to take and i couldn't verify my email, but thats a whole other problem entirely). please help.

(apologies for the poor image, im posting this from my phone)

1551820978133925591116947204768.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

UPDATE: my friend (smarter than me) pointed out something that may have been blocking my playlists from updating. i changed some settings, and its (hopefully) fixed for good. i apologize for any inconveniences i may have caused.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Try uninstaling it and reinstaling. I know sounds dumb but it might work.

hope it helps

thats the thing, i did try that. its what caused the problem in the first place. i suppose i could try again but honestly im having my doubts.

Hmm

maybe try making a new playlist on your phone and copy all of your songs onto that so that it would appear on the PC i do not mean manualy I mean through spotify shuffeler

Marked as solution

UPDATE: my friend (smarter than me) pointed out something that may have been blocking my playlists from updating. i changed some settings, and its (hopefully) fixed for good. i apologize for any inconveniences i may have caused.

Suggested posts