Premium

Country

Spain

Device

BQ Aquaris M5 and HP ENVY Notebook

Operating System

Android 7.1.2 and Windows 10 Home

My Question or Issue

The other day I joined a Premium for Family account and since then my username has changed to a series of numbers. I've read other posts in the community about similar issues with usernames and I've already tried to log out and log in again, both on Spotify and Facebook. I've also checked that I hadn't somehow disconnected my Spotify account from Facebook.

Everything checks out, but my username -which used to be my name from my Facebook account- has disappeared and now it's a bunch of random numbers.

It's pretty inconvenient having random numbers as your username because people are trying to search for me using my name and my account doesn't show up.

If someone can figure out what happened, it'd be very grateful.

spoti.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @raquellu47.

Thanks for joining us here at the community!

Could you login on the website and go to Privacy Settings? Check if you have opted out of Spotify processing your Facebook data. When you opt out there, it keeps your account usable but it will stop using a lot of data, for example your name. You can read here what information exactly.

If this didn't help, log in on your Facebook profile and make sure that you have granted Spotify access to your personal information.

Should do the trick 🙂 Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi there! 

First of all dont panic! The same thing happened to me quite recently and I freaked out! Apparetnly when you create an account by registering or signing via facebook it spotify automatically assigns you a number as your username, which is obviously an issue Spotify needs to resolve asap! Ive heard of this happening to a lot of people! 

There is unfortunately no fix for this issue, as in you cant do anything about it, exceot report the issue! In my case my account eventually resolved itself but for a period of two weeks or so I could only find my account by searching the number spotify assigned me! I suggest you contact spotify and facebook and report your problem like I did, worst case scenario you wait a couple of weeks until they fix it!

Hope this helps!

Oh well... I'll do that then! (and hope that they fix it soon.)

Than you very much for your fast response!

Marked as solution

Hey @raquellu47.

Thanks for joining us here at the community!

Could you login on the website and go to Privacy Settings? Check if you have opted out of Spotify processing your Facebook data. When you opt out there, it keeps your account usable but it will stop using a lot of data, for example your name. You can read here what information exactly.

If this didn't help, log in on your Facebook profile and make sure that you have granted Spotify access to your personal information.

Should do the trick 🙂 Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Hi 

I have the same problem, how did you report this to Spotify? I can't find any contact details. 

Thank you 

Hey!

I just sent an email to this address: {snip - removed by Community Moderator}

I explained what had happened and what I did in order to fix it and they replied. They didn't help much, though, they just offered to make me a new account and transfer all my playlists.

Try what Guido told me to do, that's what finally did the trick! It took a couple days but now it's fixed and my username has changed back to what used to be.

I hope it works for you too!

Suggested posts