Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

normal premium to family premium migration

normal premium to family premium migration

I have an existing normal premium account

My husband recently added me to a family premium group

However I'm not sure if im still paying for the old premium subscribsion, how to cancel the old subsribsion, and how to get the new subscription on my phone???

It seams that on my phone i'm still on the old subsciption, but the computer says im on the family subscribtion.

3 Replies

Hey @stellasvenson,

Be careful of not using two different accounts to login to your devices. Normally, you don't need to cancel your individual Premium. Once you join a Family Premium plan, your remaining time in your individual Premium will 'freeze' and will become available once you're out of the Family Premium.

Try logging into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login.

After that, check the status of your subscription. See if you appear as part of your husband's Family Premium. If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your device, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi
I did all you described, but im still not sure wether: I-m on the family
or the regular premium on my phone. It still says "premium" when i check
my account on the phone, but family when I check on the computer. And
also, if my regular premium account "freezes" as you said, do the
payments stop while I-m on the family subscription ????

@stellasvenson

Yes, it 'freezes' when you join another's account Family plan.

You have to be sure you're using the same login information for your computer and your phone. If you're not, means you have two different accounts and therefore, two accounts to pay, which you shouldn't have.

Fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs. With your payment info, they'll be able to know if you're paying two accounts, and which one is the Family plan.

After sending the form, if you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to support@spotify.com and one of the customer services agents will get back to you. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts