Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

not possible to login and change country

not possible to login and change country

Hey guys,

I have a free account and I signed up with facebook credentials. When I wanna open Spotiy it says I have to change my country. I'm travelling and still wanna use spotify, so I wanted to change it. But I can't login anymore to change it because of that. I tried to reset my password and it showed: "It looks like you are using your Facebook credentials to log in to Spotify. To change your Facebook password go to your settings page at facebook.com." So I changed my password for facebook and tried to login again with my email address and the facebook password in Spotify. It didn't work. Then I read, that I have to start a new spotify account and they can transfer my music from the other account to it. But I couldn't create a new account, because my email address is already in use. Why is my email address in use? I thought I signed up with facebook credentials? Confusing. So how can I log in Spotify again, change my country and then finally use spotify again? A quick and helpful response would be very much appreciated. Cheers, Jenny

1 Reply

Hi @user-removed, welcome to the Spotify Community!

In this case, we recommend that you contact us via email here or through our official social media channels in Facebook or Twitter. This way, we'll be able to take a closer look at your account to see what we can suggest.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any other questions.

Suggested posts