Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

old Facebook-Linked account ate my new account?

old Facebook-Linked account ate my new account?

A few years ago I created an account using the FB-Link option, but recently I've stopped using my FB. The option to unlink accounts was not available to me for whatever reason, so I decided to make a new account a few months ago, painstakingly re-following and adding all of the music I had found over the years to that account. Flash forward to today, and I'm logged out of all devices for no discernable reason. When I try to log in using my normal account information, I'm instead logged in to my FB-Linked account I've been not using for awhile now. I can confirm my old account exists, as public playlists I've made are still linked back to that user, but when I try to reset my non-linked account's password using the email that is connected to it, it just resets my FB-linked account's password instead, even though the email I'm using isn't associated with the FB-linked account. Weirder still, my birthday is no longer correct on my FB-linked account for some reason.

I'm at my wit's end here, and trying to post a ticket to the Spotify support team just redirected me here. If anyone has any ideas I'm all ears. If you need more clarification let me know.

1 Reply

Hey

If you created your Spotify account with Facebook, you need to create a new account with a different email address from the one you use for Facebook. That will give you a Spotify username, so you won't have to rely on a Facebook account.

Once you have this new account, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you migrate your Premium privileges (if you have them) to this new account.

If you like you can link this new account to your Facebook after the switch.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts