Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

one email two accounts? (spotify for artists and normal)

one email two accounts? (spotify for artists and normal)

Hey guys so recently ive been looking to release music and with my URI link i gained access and got a verified artist account. I noticed, however, that when i log into the spotify app (not the spotify for artists app), i have another account under the same email. It isnt my official artist account.. but it uses the same email and password. It would be really confusing moving forward and if anyone has any idea how to remedy this, that would be great. 

another thing im having trouble with is actually finding my artist page when i search on the search bar... it just isnt popping up. 

annnd finally, my header isnt showing on the app, but is showing on the web browser. 

If anyone has any advice, id be so grateful. 

Thanks

2 Replies

Hey there @fak2,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community! Don't worry we're here to help.

Keep in mind that it's not possible to register two accounts with the same email. If you suspect you might have a second account, we suggest that you take a look at this Spotify answer. If it does turn out you have another account, but you have forgotten the login detail, you can follow the instructions here to regain access.

You should also note that when you search for your artist profile, how far up the list it shows up depends on a lot of factors. Two of them are the number of followers and uniqueness of the name. To boost your follower count you can share your profile and gather support for it. You can also customize your display name by following these steps. 

As to the header - do you mean your profile picture by that? If that's the case, this is one more reason to double check whether or not you have a second account and are logged with it on the web player. Even if you are in the right account, you should still log out and back in for it to sync with our systems.

If that doesn't fix things you can upload a photo of what you see, so we can take a closer look at the issue. Just make sure to hide any private/sensitive information when posting on the Community.

Hope you find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

Have a great day!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Try logging completely out and log back in. Don't use your username code, just your email or reset your cookies.

Suggested posts