Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

pay with norwegian card and use swedish spotify?

Solved!

pay with norwegian card and use swedish spotify?

Can I use swedish spotify with a norwegian bank card? I tried to manage the premium subscription and "update" but the only options i get is to cancel or upgrade. According to the support page about changing country I have to update the card info in order to get the prompt to change country. 

Is there a way I can fix this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @dnajs, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Keep in mind that the country registered in your account needs to be the same one as the country of your payment method, In this case, your payment card.

If you want the country of your account to be Sweden, you'll need to use a Swedish card to pay for your service.

However, if you want to use a Norwegian card, the country in your account will be changed to Norway.

If you currently have a Premium subscription and would like to use a card from a different country, we suggest that you cancel first the renewal of your subscription with these steps. Once your account goes back to the Free service, you'll be able to manually change the country on your account, or subscribe to Premium with a card from that country.

Let us know how it goes or if you have any questions.

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @dnajs, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Keep in mind that the country registered in your account needs to be the same one as the country of your payment method, In this case, your payment card.

If you want the country of your account to be Sweden, you'll need to use a Swedish card to pay for your service.

However, if you want to use a Norwegian card, the country in your account will be changed to Norway.

If you currently have a Premium subscription and would like to use a card from a different country, we suggest that you cancel first the renewal of your subscription with these steps. Once your account goes back to the Free service, you'll be able to manually change the country on your account, or subscribe to Premium with a card from that country.

Let us know how it goes or if you have any questions.

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts