Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

pay with voucher - but in another country

pay with voucher - but in another country

Hi,

I am a spotify premium user with a payment problem. My credit card got blocked due to fraud and I am still waiting to get a new issued and sent. Until this happens I cannot pay spotify as I do not own a second cc. No problem, I thought, I will buy a 10€ voucher in the supermarket. Unfortunately I got my voucher in Germany, where I have been living for some time already, but created my account in Austria. So the voucher was not accepted by the system. No problem, I thought, I will change the country in my settings. Well, but for this operation I need to include a payment method, either a cc or paypal - no option for a voucher here.

So due to some unusual circumstances I am not able to pay for my account, though I bought a voucher, and am about to lose all my downloads in the next days (and I have my downloads maxed) as soon as spotify kicks me out of my premium account. 

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to proceed here? 

1 Reply

Hey @Teo82,

You can also cancel your subscription. Doing so will result in your account reverting back to Spotify's Free plan. 🙂

You'll then be able to change your country using these steps and then you can redeem your Gift Card here.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts