Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

paying double AND account not upgraded to premium

paying double AND account not upgraded to premium

Hello spotify community! 

I have a couple big problems with Spotify: 

I cancelled my premium subscription May 2016 and now I want it back. On Aug 7th I attempted to sign up for the Student premium account ($4.99/month). I was unsuccessful because their external service, Sheer iD, could not initially verify that I am actually a student. I went through the manual verification process with Sheer iD and recieved an e-mail late Aug 7th that I was verified as a student. 

This morning, Aug 8th, I look at my checking account and I had been charged by spotify for $4.99 two times. Both charges were placed on August 7th. These charges are still pending and it appears they'll fully go through on August 9th. This is my first big problem: I was charged the student rate of $4.99 two times instead of one. 

My next major problem: despite being charged two times, my account still does not have premium features. My account states that I am still utilizing free spotify despite the fact that I am indeed paying money for this account. 

I have always logged in to Spotify using my facebook account. I NEVER got a reciept to my facebook email stating that I successfully signed up for the premium account and that i was going to be charged money. 

I have tried all of the following to fix this problem: 

-signed out of my spotify and signed back in

-undownloaded the spotify app from my computer and reinstalled it, then re-signed in to my account 

-e-mailed spotify

-tweeted at spotify 

-submitted a spotify contact form

Please help in any way possible. I am so desperate to have access to this service that I'm paying for and for my charges to be correct, and not double. 

Sincerely, 

Caroline 

3 Replies

Hey @caroline0723,

If you haven't received a receipt for the purchase via Email, it's very likely just a pending charge.

https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/managing_payments/pending-charges/

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey there, 

but do you think the pending charge will go through?

I don't think so because it's just a pending charge

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts