Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

paying for unlimited, only getting Free service

Solved!

paying for unlimited, only getting Free service

Hello !

I pay for spotify unlimited since 2012-01-29, but the account is still only spotify free.
Why ?

Need help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yes, I'm afraid you're still logging into the wrong account. Please contact customer support here, they'll send a new password through and get you logged in. If you receive an auto response, just reply to it. 

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

18 Replies

Hi! Welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with your unlimited account. Could you please provide us with a little bit more information about your account (e.g. username you use to log in). Also, do you have your account merged with your Facebook or did you sign up with Facebook? Have you tried logging in to your account either with your username and e-mail adress? Let me know if this works for you.

Hi !

Username: 1120660166
Email address: [edit - email - mode]

Have used both user name and email-adress to login. Both works and give the same account, wich is Spotify free.

The account is merged with Facebook, not signed up with Facebook

OK. Someone from the staff will take a look at this soon enough. I forgot to mention that you can always check your subscription status on this page. It is possible that the payment method you use is no longer valid.

Inga_32 - Could you try logging in with your username 'ingawester' and your Spotify password, not your Facebook details. You should then see your Unlimited.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi again !

Now I tried with to login with 'ingawester'

The account is the same as if i loggin with 'Inga Wester' or [edit - mod - email

The account still look as this:

Your account

Email address: [edit - mod - email]
Date of birth: ******

Edit your profile

Subscription status

You are currently using Spotify Free. To get the most out of Spotify, sign up for Spotify Unlimited or Spotify Premium.

No, they are different accounts. You currently have two accounts. If you log in with your email address, you will access a free account. If you log in with the username 'ingawester' and your Spotify password, you'll see your subscription.

I can see you haven't logged into that 'ingawester' account yet, so please try logging in again. Please don't use an email address when logging in.

-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Okey I will do that.

I will take a printout of the acount when i have logged in.

Back soon

Okey now i tried to login with 'ingawester' (one word no blanks)

The account information on spotify is

Your account

Email address: [edit - mod - email]
Date of birth: *****

Edit your profile

Subscription status

You are currently using Spotify Free. To get the most out of Spotify, sign up for Spotify Unlimited or Spotify Premium.

Do i do something wrong ?

Login Spotify.JPGThis is a printout of the login thet i did withe user ingawester 

Marked as solution

Yes, I'm afraid you're still logging into the wrong account. Please contact customer support here, they'll send a new password through and get you logged in. If you receive an auto response, just reply to it. 

-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Okey now it works. I got acces to account with Spotify unlimited.

Two accounts with same email adress, same Facebook account and same Password

is obviously not a god idea 🙂

Il keep to only one account from now on

Thanks for your help.

Hello,

I've got the same problem here, too. I upgraded Free to Unlimited, paid the first time, after 2 days I got questioned if I wanted to install an updated version of Spotify. I did, afterwards all playlists and my unlimited status were gone.

I tried everything I could, nothing happened. Now paypal sent me an e-mail, that I paid the second time for unlimited, although I am not able to use it. Could it be, that I have the same cause like Inga?

I would be glad if someone could help me out here...I don't know anymore my login-name for spotify, i always login with my e-mail-address or facebook. Name is Johann Rüdiger. Thx.

Hey @user-removed ! Welcome to the community 🙂

The support team will need to do a little bit of digging to find your account. If you could get in touch with them directly using the online contact form they can get this sorted out for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thx Peter! I sent that e-mail, didn't get an automatical reply, just an affirmation. No answer until today...still paying for it...

Another question: Has Spotify recently changed the "Free Status"? I can hear as much as I want now, but still have ads between some tracks. Previously I only had some hours a week...

There has been no change to the rules, but the limit would disappear if you signed into a duplicate account which is what I suspect has happened here. 

Did you get a response from support today? 

Peter

Hey,

still no help/reply from the Support. Would the bill number for the payment be useful?

That's a long time - can you let us know your case number (#) and we can escalate it to see what happened for you?

Peter

@user-removed - we replied to the support case you created back in November about an hour after you created it. I've now re-sent it to the same email address, which is the one you have attached to your Community profile.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Suggested posts