Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

paying to listen to music i already have

Solved!

paying to listen to music i already have

I don't understand why I have to pay money to listen to a playlist that's already there or to listen to an album if its free on my computer. If all I can access is the radio then im going to unsubscribe from spotify and stick with pandora.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Spotify is a way to listen to music without buying any downloads. It's a streaming service that saves you money and you don't have to buy every song you want to listen to. You have access to millions of songs. That would cost millions of dollars to buy every song. If you already have the MP3 files of your favorite songs and you don't want to listen to anything else or discover new music, then maybe Spotify is not for you.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Spotify has to pay roalties to these artists and record labels. They can't just allow you to listen to music on your computer (that's what your media player is for) that they don't know for sure isn't stolen.

Marked as solution

Spotify is a way to listen to music without buying any downloads. It's a streaming service that saves you money and you don't have to buy every song you want to listen to. You have access to millions of songs. That would cost millions of dollars to buy every song. If you already have the MP3 files of your favorite songs and you don't want to listen to anything else or discover new music, then maybe Spotify is not for you.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts