Plan: Premium Family

Country

France

Device

independant

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I want to create a Family account in France, but paying with Paypal as well as Credit card results in the message that payment method does not correspond to country. Changing the country in my profile will not do the trick, as family members are not able to verify address. Very odd, had already contact with the support, which I would rate as "suboptimal" (to be polite). Anybody out there to help me? Very appreciated and thanks 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @6lesguvvdm89hnq,

thanks for posting about this !

Sorry to hear you're having a problem but i'm sure we can clear things up.

For a Family Plan or any sort of plan created by Spotify, the user must provide his country of origin and provide a matching (and available) payment method of the same country - you can find all methods available to you here.

In order to read more about the Premium for Family plan  and how to apply it correctly please make sure to read this help page.

Furthermore, if you've followed all the steps correctly you can use this payment troubleshooting page and try a few more steps.

Keep me posted on your progress 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @6lesguvvdm89hnq,

thanks for posting about this !

Sorry to hear you're having a problem but i'm sure we can clear things up.

For a Family Plan or any sort of plan created by Spotify, the user must provide his country of origin and provide a matching (and available) payment method of the same country - you can find all methods available to you here.

In order to read more about the Premium for Family plan  and how to apply it correctly please make sure to read this help page.

Furthermore, if you've followed all the steps correctly you can use this payment troubleshooting page and try a few more steps.

Keep me posted on your progress 🙂

Who is awesome? YOU ARE AWESOME!

kudos to you, you explained it right away in one of the links. The paypal account must be french, as well as the credit card. This is really odd from spotify, as I am living in the border region, most of my payments are done from Germany although living in France (thanks to Europe, no problem so far). Fortunately, I have one credit card for a French bank account and that did the trick!

After 3 days unsuccessful twittering to support, one reply from you solved the problem. 

Thanks again

Achim

Hi @6lesguvvdm89hnq,

thanks for the update !

Glad i could help.

Enjoy Spotify 🙂

Suggested posts