Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

payment problems?

payment problems?

Why does my spotify account say 'spotify has been unable to withdraw funds from your account, to ensure that your spotify premium subscription does not expire please add funds to your bank account', when I clearly can see that spotify has taken money from my account last week? I have got this message like 3 times now, and it's wierd when I've paid.

13 Replies

Hello,

I've just had a look at your account, and it seems that there were some issues before your most recent payent was made. This message is sent out the first time it has a problem, but it will still try and take a payment a few more times. It seems to have worked out fine here.

Airhorn Enthusiast

I actually have the same problem, and also I can clearly see on my bank statement that it has been paid 6 days ago. At this point it's just anoying! 

Hi Annamarta - I've just sent you an email about your account.

Please have a look in your inbox when you get a moment--thanks.

Hi!

Unfortunately I just got the same message again! what's going on?....

Hi Annamarta,

As you've already got a case open with us we've responded to your email.

Keep an eye on your inbox for us.

Mine said that I my credit card zip was wrong, I updated it but I still can't log in.

Hi DearD- 

Please check that your card still meets the following requirements to work on our site: 

1. Your card must not have expired. 

2. The country set in your Spotify account profile must match the country where your card is registered. 

3. Your card should be enabled for e-commerce transactions (Verified by Visa/Mastercard securecard card).

4. Your card must be open to be used for foreign purchases.

5. There are some banks that require other security authentifications, the most common one being 3DSecure.

If you're still having trouble, try opening a PayPal account with your card and paying via this method. 

Hello, I have paid and it says I have premium online, but when I login i still get adverts and a message about my subscription having expired. 

Please advise. 

Hey.

I got a new visa and need to update the numbers so i can have premium again. Here's the problem. I log in, choose premium and clicks on "VISA" and continue. Then it says "Sorry. the password is wrong." But it says im already logged in as beebug. Don't understand..

speedinet- I can see that your Premium subscription went through successfully yesterday. Please try shuting down the app completely and signing back in with your 'speediness' username. 

If you're still getting adverts after that, perform a clean reinstallation of the app on your desktop. 

beebug- I believe the problem here is you've got two accounts on our system. Most likely you've been trying to upgrade a duplicate account you've made through Facebook--not 'beebug'. 

Not to worry. I've just deleted that duplicate Facebook account. From now on be sure to always sign in with 'beebug' instead of your email address. You can then link that account to FB via your Preferences page. 

Let us know if you have any other trouble making that upgrade. 

Hello!

I have a similar problem, except i don't think the payment went through on paypal. At the moment it doesnt seem like i have premium as i cannot make playlists available offline. Do i need to sign up for premium again???

Exact same problem, trying to renew my old Spotify account through PayPal and it will not accept payment even though paypal account is up to date and funds available. Please help.

@bazmaghera wrote:

Exact same problem, trying to renew my old Spotify account through PayPal and it will not accept payment even though paypal account is up to date and funds available. Please help.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Does your PayPal account meet all of the requirements set out in this article

Most importantly, your PayPal account needs to have a credit card tied to it in order to use PayPal to purchase Spotify. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts