Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

play music on Pc AND chromecast

Solved!

play music on Pc AND chromecast

Hey every one,

I want to play spotify music on two devices in the same time: chromecast audio AND pc. My Chromecast Audio AND my PC (with spotify desktop) are recognize by the Spotify android app on my phone, but I can't cast music on the two devices.

How can I select two devices to listen to music on both of them?

regards

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

Listening to music with a Chromecast audio + PC is not possible easily. You could eventually turn your Pc on a Chromecast receiver but it's not with google application.

But multi-room with Chromecast audio is possible. Google let's you create groups of Chromecast Audio : https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6328691?hl=en

If you want to cast the same music on differents devices, you have to buy as many Chromecast Audio as speaker on which to listen to music.

PS: You can't create group with Chromecast (TV) + Chromecast Audio, it's only works with Chromecast Audio.

Thanks all, I finally find a solution to listen to music in any room of the house.

Buy

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey there @RafikStyle and welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, due to licensing, you can only play music from one device at a time per account. 

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Hi, sorry for the username, I change it 😉

If I use spotify (premium) , there is no way to have a multi-room access to music? I want to have the same music in different devices. I read a lot of articles speacking of multiroom with Chromecast and ChromeCast Audio devices. If I buy another Chromecast I can not play the same music on these devices?

Thanks a lot for your response and sorry for my bad english.

Hey there!

Multi-room access is possible with devices that allow it, but I wasn't aware of Chromecast already offering multi-room support. If you can connect your Chromecast, you can play your spotify...just not sure of the multiple rooms. 

Sorry about the confusion, I thought you were trying to play different music on the same account at the same time. 

Follow this link for details on configuring your Chromecast. Keep in mind, there are many speakers out there that utilize Spotify Connect for you to listen. 

Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Marked as solution

Hi,

Listening to music with a Chromecast audio + PC is not possible easily. You could eventually turn your Pc on a Chromecast receiver but it's not with google application.

But multi-room with Chromecast audio is possible. Google let's you create groups of Chromecast Audio : https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6328691?hl=en

If you want to cast the same music on differents devices, you have to buy as many Chromecast Audio as speaker on which to listen to music.

PS: You can't create group with Chromecast (TV) + Chromecast Audio, it's only works with Chromecast Audio.

Thanks all, I finally find a solution to listen to music in any room of the house.

Buy

Suggested posts