Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

please help wrong email

Solved!

please help wrong email

hi im new to these boards but i have been using spotify for a while now and i logged in today and checked my account settings and noticed that it had a wrong email address. the thing is i have only ever logged in through facebook and to change my email address i have to put in a password but my facebook password is wrong 

i have sent in a case report # 00348737  can a moderator look into this for me and change my email address so i can reset my password please

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

all sorted now thanks for the quick response, great customer service

View solution in original post

36 Replies

Mess2001 - Your case has been received. Just sit tight, one of our advisors will get back to you as soon as they can.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
Marked as solution

all sorted now thanks for the quick response, great customer service

Hi,

I recently signed up to Spotify premium but I was signed into the wrong account (automatically) and I've registered my payment details to an account which has an old work email that no longer exists. When I tried to reset my account email it asked for a password and it will not except it. I cannot reset my password either as it sends the email to an account which no longer exists. I'm now stuck with an account that has a credit card registered to it but I can no longer access. I've sent an email to support requesting that my old account (paulford600) be changed from my work email address to my current gmail account but I've not heard anything back and I'm worried that I they are sending an email to my old emaila account. I'm totally stuck, please help!

Hi paulfordade - I'm having trouble locating a case from you. Did you receive a confirmation email?

We can certainly help but it will need to be through email. We just need to confirm some security details in order to get started.  

My email address for the account is [snip-mod edit-email] and my account name is paulford600. Unfortunately this no longer exists as its an old work account which was deleted approx 3 years ago. I've got another account (which is the account I actually thought I was signed in with) which is the account I'm signed into now. Aplogies if I'm not clear as it has become incredibly confusing!

I've sent another support request in so hopefully you will now see the details.

Hi paulfordade - I can see those cases have reached us. You should hear from one of our CS agents shortly. 

I have a friend that registered with Spotify using a work email address that no longer is valid. He cannot remember the username created for the Spotify account and does not have a Facebook account,  so cannot login to change the email account associated with the account.  He is getting charged monthly but cannot access the account. He is registered with the email address <snip> and needs to update to <snip>. How does he go about verifying he is the account holder and get the email address updated?

[Snip-Email(Privacy)-Peter]

@maurkb - Firstly I am going to hide those email addresses to stop any bots picking it up for spam. 😉

Tell your friend to get in touch with the customer services team directly using this form using a working email address in the first box and then including his old email address (so the guys can find the account) in the main message. They will be able to get it changed over and let him know the username after verifying a few personal details. 

If they get an automated email reply back directing them to the community or help pages, tell them to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Meredith, I have the same problem. My account has a gmail email account but my gmail account is deleted and no longer in use or recoverable. i need to switch my email to a current one and change the password as well, which i do not remember either, please help. 

@robb1212 - If you get in touch with support using the password recovery form making sure you use a working email address they will be able to lend a hand to get you back to your account after verifying some security details. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Hi I am unable change my email address on Spotify and the email that you have on file I don't know (yvette1130@gmail.com.del).

The Spotify account profile section will not allow me to change it as it keeps telling me to change it from Facebook. My Facebook email is correct on my Facebook account. Is there any way o fix this and is there way to create a new account via Spotify only (no connected to FB) and keep all of my info?

Hi. Are you logging in with your facebook credentials (the facebook-registered email) and not a username?

I need help I signed up with the wrong email address and now I can't log in or change my password and I am going to be charged for an account I can't use because my credit card information is on there someone please help.

Don't panic! Just get in touch using our online form and one of our advisors will be happy to help. If you receive an autoresponse, just send an email directly in reply and someone will be in touch shortly. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Hi, I have the same problem. I can only login thru facebook and my account is bound to the wrong email and I dont know my password. My current email is: [Snip-Email(Privacy)-Peter]

Please help me ASAP! 🙂

@soeew - Just going to hide that email address so you don't get any spam.

Please open a case with the accounts team privately using the link below and they will lend a hand to get you back to your account.

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-password/

Peter

All I wanted to do was listen to music and now I have a problem.

I signed up for spotify and just as I pressed sign me up, I realised I put the wrong email, it's not even my email so I have no access to the account whatsoever in order to change it!

I can't change the email either due to the email I want is linked to Facebook, but I want that email!

What do I do?

@Rosalvez 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-anonymous/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts